It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: For Amrix - Hybrid spec
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 am 

This is what I currently use:

http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0a ... d1g5h3j1u1

I went to that after being full reaver for leveling.What does this spec provice:

All around good DPS , with primary ability being Cyclone of Steel X and IX. All feets that augment its damage are chosen.Haste + Predatory Insticts which are very very good for the level you can choose them.At least -ONE- AoE stun, with Earth Shatter, and an -oh shit- ability with No Escape.Feats that add movement impering effects and lower the cooldown use to both Clobber-Stunning Punch.
A bit of survivability with added resistances to melee, spell dmg, and fear effects.

Now this spec, is a bit wierd, cause I'm making some tests, mainly due to not knowing whats the exact percentage of Escape Artist for example to remove snares-root.Cheat the Reaper as testing purposes as well.

If you want to do more dmg however, and lower survivability, you could:

Remove the Cheat the Reaper feat selection, and remove feats from Resistances.Add 2 feats to Escape Artist to get it to max, and put more feats to Sever. Now Sever always does 85-141 dmg, BUT, each feat you go beyond the 1rst, you get a higher % to get a Sever proc. Think it like an extra DD proc from your mainhand weapon, and more damage is always better. Since the primary DPS ability used here, is Cyclone of Steel X which does around 10 hits, getting 3 Sever procs in that combo means 250-380 dmg more, which is like an extra swing.
I wouldnt bother with the DoT procs, but still it can be a viable way of PvPing. Depends if you are solo or PVPing with a group, mostly, since when we focus targets or call targets out, DoTs of around 40-50hp per tick wont make much of a difference here, but abilities in the General tree like Excellent Ballance , Escape Artist and even Second Wind ( which ticks for like 215 stam / tick btw, even for a 10min cooldown, allows you to chase down a sprinting caster, or sprint back to your team and still be able to have stam to execute combos, paired with haste and a stam pot, and barbs are probably the faster moving characters in game on foot) can be quite valuable to situations.
Until we get a better feeling of the end-game pvp, the pvp armor, more socketed lv80 items, and group set ups, and we are well aware of our pvp roles (caster killers, scouters, what ever), this will be my spec with some minor changes.

This spec results in:
Less DPS than a FULL reaver spec'ed barbarian, but more STUNS as well, and added movement impering effects on targets.
Less and lower-lasting STUNS and CC than a FULL BERSERKER barbarian, but more viable DPS.

Reaver tree is alright, there are a couple more talents in there that are worth looking than the ones I've chosen, but you have to go deep into the tree.
The ones that are a MUST though are:
Haste.
Predatory Insticts.
All CoS dmg augement feats.
Too Many to Count (This feat is a killer, for the price of one feat, you get an activated ability based on how many living -foes- which counts enemy PCs but NPCs as well that are alive in the area, I've seen things like a 25% dmg increase buff from that feat only)

Overpower, Impale and Armageddon Falls, are all feats I've used during my leveling process, and while they did make a big DPS difference, until the actuall added stats from items come into play, and we have more evade from added dex , I'll just leave them alone. I might be tempted though and drop like 10 feats from the General tree and do something like this:

http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0a ... a5b3d1g1j3

But like I said, it will all become a bit more clear once we do find out our primary roles in PvP, if we'd have to go all out and spec pure DPS, if we'll have to stay Berserkers for AoE stuns, or get a mix.
If you have the money to respec, grab two Bluesteel Longswords, and give it a try. Perhaps you will like it.Of course you might have to consider some gear choices, but so far I've found very nice greens for +1h slashing dmg.

Post subject: Re: For Amrix - Hybrid spec
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 am 

thanks for the post! pretty nice.. got to change feats now but i rly dont know if i gonna put 3 on finishing blow and then get unstable mind or go for the impale.. ! ehm.. not rly that many times u have the chance to get in stealth mode as a reaver stance and use impale.. and unstable mind would rly help vs any classes! most classes would be dead with a kb, finishing blow, cos in the back and a no escape if u rly want him dead:P! lovely post:)! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:21 am 

Very informative post, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:02 am 

If you wonder about Impale, so far I dont know any activated ability apart from 'Search' that breaks your stealth. There's been many times in game, where I'd have to play from a terminal in the lan arena which has a crappy keyboard and I end up activating abilities by accident, but dont recall any of them taking me out of stealth, apart from search and taping food buffs.I still might be wrong though, its kinda early in the morning and during the past days I've been going with minimal amounts of sleep :p

Got binds in '~' , 'Z', 'C' , 'R' , 'F', 'V', 'T', 'G' , 'B', 'Y', and a couple shift+something. So, its probably possible, if you are a piano player, and got like 20 ms , to use this opener:

->Have a 2h equiped
->Activate Excellent Ballance
->Pop out of stealth by hitting 'H' ( I personally dont bother with stealth-attack, cause it takes too long to recover, and you lose viable time, especially vs a KD-Stun able class )
->Tap Clobber IV
->Weapon Swap ( I got it on 'Z' ) and start closing the distance all the while executing CoS X on the way.
-> Take piano lessons and tap: Haste, Pred Insticts, Too Many to Count, Impale, Armageddon Falls
->Pray to Crom that your target doesnt know too much about barbs and doesnt put all his shields upwards or active blocks because he will recover from the KD faster than you land the final blow to execute the combo
->Land CoS X and if target is : PoM, ToS, BS, hope for an insta fatality (I've had it happen quite a few times) or else watch them heal back to full
->If target dies, switch to someone else
->If target=ToS, PoM,BS, and you didnt get a fatality, weapon swap to 2h, use Stunning Punch, then proceed to run away with tail under legs.
->If target = assassin, barbarian, demo, necro, they'll probably be dead, if its a ranger he's around 20%, use No Escape and start bunnyhoping around him to look cool.

->Rinse and repeat. :p

PS: Sell your soul to Set and hope you dont get kd'ed or stunned or rooted before CoS X finishes cause your target will get instantly all the HP they lost due to it, back.Under no circumstance should you move during the channeling part of the combo.If you do, you just blew through a whole lot of cooldowns with no effect whatsoever.Other than that, barbs are fine :)

PS2: ->If target=guardian 65+, turn around and forget you ever saw him, try to find greener (squishier) pastures.

PS3: All of the above would be a piece of cake with cherries on top, if you were able to duo with a Berserker Barbarian, a fully reaver barb and a fully serker barb are able to stealth inside a group of multiple enemies (6+ ) and insta gib a single target while keeping the rest stunned a bit, by doing something like:

Reaver Barb opens with Earth Shatter , Berserker Barb opens with Stunning Punch on desired target (Amrix said its a 6second stun if spec'ed properly), Reaver Barb activates cooldowns and does a CoS on target (Doesnt have to be a CoS X cause that will take more than 6 seconds to land fully, it can be CoS VIII which is a 3hit combo I think), Berserker Barb follows up with a downranked Staggering Blow, or Butcher. Target should die by now, Berserker Barb follows up with Scatter Foes since opponents will already have Stun Resist due to initial Earth Shatter, and both barbs turn around and hall ass out of the snake hole asap.Will it work? I have no freakin idea, in paper it does sound nice though, but you need good timings and good ms to pull it out.Its worth trying it though heh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 am 

hehe.. will work but i rly dont like stagger and butcher after trying cos:D! since they do alot lower dmg..

this will be my new feats: http://www.aocdps.com/feat/barbarian/50 ... 0000000000

I rly think unstable mind is so importen that its worth take out impale or sometimes else and i get finishing blow aswell so:)!
i see what i can die against when i dont have unstable mind its crazy :p!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:09 pm 
Boss Member

My biggest issue is changing weapons during combat.

With staggering blow 4 yesterday I killed a priest of mitra in 1 shot from full health, I hit him for 6000 damage. So I know berserker can give out lots of damage too.

This is my feat build at the moment:
http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0t ... g5h3j3k3p3

When I attack I press "Thirst for Blood" and to come out of stealth"Excellent Balance"

Clobber 4
Finishing Blow
Decapitation
Stunning Punch for 5.5 second stun
Staggering Blow 4
No Escape to finish off

I've only had trouble if I am not able to kill the target before he comes out of stun and heal themselves. I think I will try the hybrid when I get a couple of good 1handed swords.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:45 pm 
Boss Member

Seems to me CoS X is just an alternative to Staggering Blow?

With all the added effort involved in weapon swapping and all the extra feats on the taskbars, I'm not sure hybrids are totally viable.
Worth trying it out for a little bit though I suppose.

The 2h formular seems to work good, hit Excelent Balance to un-stealth, then turn on Brutality.
Scatter Foes (less stam than clobber)
Finishing Blow
Decapitation
Stunning Punch for 5.5 second stun
Staggering Blow 4
No Escape to finish off

And if the No Escape doesn't finish the Caster off, I have managed to use Clobber and Butcher (with Brutality on) to get quite a few Fatalities.
If _that_ fails, by this time you can use 'Earth Shatter' and run :P

Tbh I'm really not a fan of Stunning Punch. It takes up 10 feat points, and I really, really don't see much advantage.
I have seen players run off with this stun still over their head, sometimes it just slows them down rather than stunning (see feat: Staggering Punch).
And it doesn't even last the full time needed to pull off a Staggering Blow IV, it runs off on the 2nd to last move - even worse with lag.
I don't know if it's a buggy feat, or working as intended, but I really dislike this one.
Not to mention the extremely high Stamina Cost, compared to Earth Shatter - which has a lovely AOE stun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 pm 

I love this new feats tree ! Cos is so freaking powerfull with most buff on.. u get like 40%crit on cos, 12%evade, 200 stam reg in combat and the other one 20% faster moving speed and 26.8% dmg! so change wep and do that when kb is just uber.. i even got kb root, stun and no escape aaanndd unstable mind!

http://www.aocdps.com/feat/barbarian/50 ... 0000000000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:04 pm 

Since you have Unstable Mind, you mind consider dropping Escape Artist entirely , since UM will remove anything and also give you immunity for a short while- remember you also get immunity due to being rooted-stunned too.
Of course, if the cooldown on it is like 3-4 minutes, then having Escape Artist helps too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:18 pm 
Boss Member

Kitiara wrote:
Since you have Unstable Mind, you mind consider dropping Escape Artist entirely , since UM will remove anything and also give you immunity for a short while- remember you also get immunity due to being rooted-stunned too.
Of course, if the cooldown on it is like 3-4 minutes, then having Escape Artist helps too.

cd for unstable mind is 2mins, escape artist 1 min

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next