It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: finishing blow - decapicitation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 am 
Boss Member

well it used to 1 shot every class, except for a tank, and now it's just been nerfed/fixed (/cry) oh well, was fun while it lasted

Post subject: Re: finishing blow - decapicitation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am 

ye and now decapitation became useless. great! -_-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm 
Boss Member

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=28997

It's a rediculous nerf. It was our main attack/defence against casters.

If they want to nerf the final/decap combo, then they should also nerf the full-heals during combat. Only fair.

Just as I was starting to enjoy the class again, for the first time in 20 lvls. Now I am really, really fed up of Barbs. Pointless in the balance of this game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:10 pm 

If we wasn't able to heal our selfs, we would be underpowered, especially Bear Shamans, with just under half the HP to what you guys have at the same level. The heal your talking about is our only direct heal, which has a 60 second cooldown for Bear Shamans and Priests of Mitra I believe. So once we have used that, I doubt we would be able to use it again in the same fight.

Being 1 shotted sucks. I'm happy.

Why is decapitation useless now btw? What does it do exactly?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 pm 
Boss Member

It does 600 damage, which is just a bit more than a normal attack.

I'm sick of everyone saying "yes but the heal has a 60second cooldown" ... our combo has 2minute cooldown. So that gives you an extra whole minute do pwn us in any which way you like...
That's unbalanced.

And I'm not saying casting classes shouldn't have heals. I'm saying they should be able to go from full black health bar, to full red health bar, with an instant click, during pvp combat. This is unbalanced.
All we have is pots, which are slow at working.

Nerf the heal, or give rogues a minor heal. And don't start nerfing rogue's skills, before you tweak with the bloody ToS and PoMs for a bit. Jees.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:48 pm 

Calvin wrote:
It does 600 damage, which is just a bit more than a normal attack.

I'm sick of everyone saying "yes but the heal has a 60second cooldown" ... our combo has 2minute cooldown. So that gives you an extra whole minute do pwn us in any which way you like...
That's unbalanced.

And I'm not saying casting classes shouldn't have heals. I'm saying they should be able to go from full black health bar, to full red health bar, with an instant click, during pvp combat. This is unbalanced.
All we have is pots, which are slow at working.

Nerf the heal, or give rogues a minor heal. And don't start nerfing rogue's skills, before you tweak with the bloody ToS and PoMs for a bit. Jees.

I'm pretty sure thats not the only combo you have. Not to mention your stuns and knockbacks. Right now, I'm speaking mainly for my only class, the Bear Shaman. I've not had a fight against a Barb, but I'm guessing since your a Rogue class, you have burst damage. Burst damage = dead Bear Shaman because of our shit HP. That direct heal would bring my bar back up, but it would just go right back down again against a burst damage class. My HoTs can't keep up with burst damage.

It may be different once I reach 80, but as it is now, Its hard facing again burst damage classes, even with my 60 second direct heal and HoTs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:00 pm 
Boss Member

Burst Damage = Reaver tree... which is duel-weilding - which means no knockbacks or stuns.

Since KBs and Stuns are vital to us, nobody uses the Reaver tree. We all go Berserker.

After using a knockback or a stun on someone, they get +600 immunity for 40seconds. So my point remains.
We currently have limited methods of killing players. If I KB, Final Blow and Decap someone, then they get back up and heal to full health, all I can do is stun+run lol.

Yes I have other combos, but none of which will do substancial damage. They are all PvE and/or take too long to 'cast'.
So if the KB/FB/Decap fails, we _can_ stun and slash with a combo or two, hoping to kill. But as soon as the stun wears off, the casters can heal and then pwn us, because we have 2minute cooldown on our only combo that does damage, and we can no longer stun/KB.

Do you get it now? That is why KB/FB/Decap was so important, it was a nice technique (that didn't take down all classes (lol @ Guardians invincibility), and didn't always work) but now we're left with very few options.

TBH PoM and ToS are the worst. Bear Shamon arn't that bad, but they still have a monster flipping heal.
You've chosen the best solo class in the game, you can give and take a lot of damage tbh - you have medium armor, heal, melee, ressurect. We have light armor and knock backs. There is some balancing needed.

[Edit]
Also, if someone moves around we lose our green mana very easily. We cannot do _ anything_ without green mana. It saps down like a biatch. This is also the case if we try to run away, and then get rooted or something, we have no moves available, but to stand there and die.
[/Edit]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:13 pm 

Calvin wrote:
Also, if someone moves around we lose our green mana very easily.

Thanks for the nice tip Vs Berserk Barbs. With my untamed regeneration, I can run around for a bit and zap there stamina, whilst still having lots left for myself. :D

I understand a lot better now though, a lot of things I didn't know about, like the 40 seconds immunity after a stun of knockback.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:39 pm 
Boss Member

Ye sorry about the rant - it's the class balances that annoy me, not you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:43 pm 

Barbs situation sounds kinda similar to conqueror tbh, difference being the heavy armor, but that makes ZERO difference against a caster. Yesterday me and davo were questing in atzel point and this pom would gank me over and over, i couldve gotten lucky burning all cds and hoping to instakill him, but i didnt get lucky, and the next time i met him, i didnt either. That PoM probably had 70% of his effort into healing and rest into dmg, and most likely a healingpot on top of that...there's no way I could counter that...

So my suggestion is (drumroll...) Dont let healerclasses use healingpotions, ever. Make it dmg-classes only. Makes perfect sense

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next