It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallen Earth
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm 

As im playing this live thought would update this post.

Ok, its been live a couple of weeks, few more if you pre ordered and got in early access.

To be honest, Im having a blast! Been a long time since had so much fun in a MMO, it has given back some excitement of MMOs to me again after the over abundance of EQ/WoW clones.

Theres a lot to learn, there is a learning curve that is pretty steep. Which gives a sense of accomplishment as you figure more and more of the system/game out.

Theres a huge amount of quests to level thru with some very thought out storys behind them. Example a town called Terence, story behind the quests there is a town member lost his wife, so he found the old tetrex (ai system from before the apocalypse, think skynet) facility, excavated it and proceeded to try and clone his dead wife, but his failed experiments got out and killed townys. So you have to help them.

PvP is fps based (third and first person) if your target thingy is over them if you shoot, you hit them^^ head shots do more damage than body shots too (hit boxes). Its not open world but based around conflict towns. in sector 1 its just for resources (95% of the gear in game is player crafted) later tiers its about faction control. You earn and lose deathtoll levels as you pvp giving you access to gear from deathtoll merchants.

Graphically it can take time to get used to as it isnt shiny, it isnt clean, its a dirty world. Perfect IMO for the setting. There is ZERO loading between areas, sectors. Even private instances have zero loading, everything is instant access. Private instances dont respawn until instance is reset, one of my pet hates from previous MMOs.

It's a MMO that you need to spend time to explore, learn and appreciate its twist on the traditional style.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 pm 

A couple a screenys:

PvP

Sunset

Yes, my weapon is a metal post with a lump of concrete on it^_^

Also you can dual wield sawn off shottys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 am 

Looks pretty interesting and freshly made, im glad your haveing fun :), Aion pvp is awsome but the grind to 50 is pretty harsh. Doubt ill play fallen earth since i got aion sub but *shrug* who knowns, maybe once a free trial comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:28 am 

Finally finished crafted my improved motorbike!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 am 

Silvane wrote:
Looks pretty interesting and freshly made, im glad your haveing fun :), Aion pvp is awsome but the grind to 50 is pretty harsh. Doubt ill play fallen earth since i got aion sub but *shrug* who knowns, maybe once a free trial comes out.

Hoping they do a subscriber invite thing after the first month is over. If so i'll send ya one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 am 
Boss Member

I got a free trial for 15 days and playing the game wich is fun and reminds me alote of SWG...!!! It has nice crafting and nice pve... Atm i joined some random guild with most of the players coming from the States . The server is mixed with Europeans and Americans wich makes the game more interesting will see how it goes.

Atm its the most funny game that is out there so far but have not many hopes that this will last long enough i hope and wish that Star Wars Old Republic will be the game that will last for years!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 pm 
Boss Member

So u mean Fail Earth?Hehehehe.Enjoy ur trial babie :D and lets w8 for GA to see if it can hold us few months cause Aion it will flop soon.I already give up from this crapy grinding and long-time lvling :(

[Boss] n0sfor1a
When men die they humiliate the charon because they stare at him before they pass away

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:05 pm 
Boss Member

Will take some time till GA will be out and this game will keep me interested tha game is complex and kids are no where around :) The guild i am atm has age average around 30+ wich is awesome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 pm 

Not many PvP videos out yet, but this about best one that shows it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOAJLrrk6M&NR=1

Also number of fan made videos and storys is pretty impressive, not seen anything like it since SWG days. Theres also a radio station for FE. Post apoc radio.

Theres a lot coming with the new Sector beginning of next year. PvP is getting expanded, player housing, clan conflict towns that can be upgraded with walls, gun turrets, guards and also with things like merchants, trainers and bank vaults.

Battlefield deployable manned turrets are coming with S4 too.

Next patch sees inclusion of player made camps (read SWG ranger camps ftw!).

Oh, PvP is ffa in conflict towns. Conflict towns cover a very large area btw in S2 and S3. Friendly fire is on so you have to watch where you throw those 'nades ^^/ Dont run in front of a ranged ally pewpewpewing.

Only 24 at moment on highest char (played since early release 9 sept). But its one of those rare MMOs where you dont feel that getting to max level is all that matters. Theres just so much to see and do.

Saying that, You CAN get to max level in a couple of weeks if so inclined.

The link to the post apoc radio:
http://www.postapocradio.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 pm 
Boss Member

Would be glad to see a Boss guild at this game its realy worth to try even if u get bored wich will be after 3-4 months since u have shit loads to do it takes long time,but u dont care as Kiwoo said.

Give it a try guys its worth the time :)

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next