It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Who is rolling Aion ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 am 

Hello there, I'm currently lvl48, playing an Elyos Cleric on Perento. So far the two major flaws of aion are :

- PvE
- PvP

PvE

Basically, leveling is a grindfest. There are fedex quests, "kill 100 boars and bring me their balls" quests, and thats pretty much all. No innovation whatsoever. At lvl30, you wont get shitloads of quests, and their xp/rewards are shit, so basically you'll group with other fools to grind Elite mobs (remember Kheshatta ?). At lvl40 quests go AWOL, there's still an Elite zone to go grouped, but it's grind-grind-grind again, and again. Leveling is terrible and unfun, you got the point, unless you're unemployed and/or got ALOT of free time, dont bother, getting to lvl50 will take you about 3-9 months (i'm not exagerating). Just for the lulz, it's longer to do 45->50 than 1->45. Casual gamers hell.

PvP

PvP in Aion has amazing features, but poorly implemented. So far low lvl PvP (lvl30ish) is kinda fun, since everyone's doing quests in the pvp zone at this lvl, so you'll make great pvp encounters. At lvl32 or so, Abyss (the PvP zone) is getting crappy regarding leveling, so everyone and their grandmother goes back to their leveling zones. There are rifts, which are portals to go from your leveling zone to the other faction leveling zone, but basically it's ganking players who are leveling, so it's funny but only 5mns. Max lvl PvP -WHICH I DIDNT DO SO FAR- has great features, like fortress sieges large scale and roaming PvP. Ingame, it's like Europe client is bugged like hell, everyone's involved in fortress sieges experiences multiple crashes (this wasnt happening in both korean and chinese clients though), and fortress sieges are a giant zergfest, no matter how you're a mmo godkiller, you'll spend your time spamming TAB, trying to target someone within range. You'll get medals and Abyss Points in fortress sieges (purpose is to buy gear), but you'll get poor Abyss Points and no medals in roaming PvP, so I think there'll be noone wandering around to get nice fights, everybody will attend fortress sieges to get stuff to buy gear.

So what can I say ? Aion is a WoW-like MMO, pvp paced, and Aion is a freetime sink, definitely not for casual gamers. It has great graphics, gameplay is cool but kinda clunky (lots of RNG), the lore / world is really cool except it's pretty tight. At the moment i'm doing a leveling break since i'm 48 and I have to kill 3200 mobs to get to 49, and i lack the motivation to do it. Ya know, it's like being lvl50 isnt that great, i lack the thrill to reach it. And it's not good. I'll stick around, to see hows the game is doing, but i can say that i had alot of great expectations, which were quickly thrown into the toilet. I'll wait for SWTOR, maybe Diablo III (yeah blizzard whore, whatever !) but i dont think i'll be playing Aion in six months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am 
Boss Member

have u collect any pl coins bondu ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 am 

This cracked me up.
Bondurant wrote:
Hello there, I'm currently lvl48, playing an Elyos Cleric on Perento. So far the two major flaws of aion are :

- PvE
- PvP

This made me feel a little ill.
Bondurant wrote:
i'm 48 and I have to kill 3200 mobs to get to 49

Anyhow, nice to hear from you Bondu. I hope you are keeping well, and the ladies entertained as usual. If you could use a laugh, THIS is something I cobbled together to poke a little fun at my AoC guildleader.

I had a look at some of Cantra's videos, and well, which father wouldn't
be proud when his daughter shows behavioural patterns that resemble the
ones of a serial killer.

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14