It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Trek Online
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 pm 

Finaly recieved my "guaranteed" closed beta access key yesterday, all downloaded now ready to log in.

CB is very limited testing time:( about 2-3 hrs per session every few days. Looks like every 5 days.

Anyways theres a 3 hour session tonite, so will give it a blast and report on it back tomorrow.

TBH not expecting that much after Champions online. Tho the episodic content sounds fun.

Post subject: Re: Star Trek Online
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm 
Boss Member

Kiwoo wrote:
Finaly recieved my "guaranteed" closed beta access key yesterday, all downloaded now ready to log in.

CB is very limited testing time:( about 2-3 hrs per session every few days. Looks like every 5 days.

Anyways theres a 3 hour session tonite, so will give it a blast and report on it back tomorrow.

TBH not expecting that much after Champions online. Tho the episodic content sounds fun.

i played this at euroexpo and it sucked :(:(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:47 pm 

STO is THE worst MMO Ive ever tested, Its boring, repetitive, and fails in so many ways its not funny.

Basically EVERY mission is go to this sector kill 8+ waves of 3-4 ships. Its a grind, and the worst kind of grind ever made. Even EQ1 grind was 1000 times more fun than this POS excuse for a MMO.

Im not the only one who thinks so, theres pages and pages and pages of posts on the beta forums saying exactly that. Can you imagine doing the same quest from level 2 to max level in any other MMO with the only difference being larger numbers of waves of ships to kill. Also there is zero XP gain for killing ships. You are lookjing at around 10 hours to get to only level 7. Which wouldnt be an issue if the missions were fun, which they are very, very far from.

PvP is fun for a little while. Two major problems with it tho, theres no level tier so you can be facing tier 5 galaxy ships in your tier 1 ship. Also there is very limited maps so you would end up rerunning the exact same map until level cap and beyond. Even LOTRO and monster play was vastly more indepth than this.

The PvP is pointless (think arenas and BGs), the PvE is dull and repetitive. Theres no connection to your character at all, 90% of advancement is passive abilities that dont seem to have ANY noticable effect as they are so small.

Sad thing is it will sell well initially due to the IP, but unless it changes drastically then its another throw away MMO like CO.

Cryptic have surpassed Funcom in levels of fail.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:43 am 
Boss Member

so basically i was right ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

I still dont get why ppl hate funcom so much though, looking back i still think AoC was a pretty good game :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm 
Boss Member

Silvane wrote:
I still dont get why ppl hate funcom so much though, looking back i still think AoC was a pretty good game :D

we hate them cos they ruined a great game

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 pm 

Silvane wrote:

The lies. The denials. The lack of proper rev control on their software which manifests itself every time they patch and reintroduce old bugs. Their complete irresponsibility when adjusting class balance. Which caused AoC to become known as Age of Casters. Their inability to comprehend the idea of customer support. Their gross mismanagement of their forums. Where people were actually banned for criticising the company, and threads were either locked or simply deleted.

I got a three month forum ban* for simply questioning why they had a pve nablet moderating a pvp forum. Pointing out that while he may find it fun to slap around a piece of ignorant code that will stand and let him. The rest of us prefer fighting real people. And with that comes drama, and without drama we don't have a real pvp server. And the forums on a pvp server should always be allowed some drama.

* I did actually pm him and call him a cunt as well as bitched on the forum. But fuck sake, 3 months sin bin for that.

And I screwed up and let them take another 6 months subscription fee. So now I am playing FE, Indi is playing LOTRO, and AoC is gathering dust. Waiting for 1.06 and siege towers/guild renown/pvp class balancing/siege fixes. It's their last chance.

Yeah, there are a lot of Funcom haters out there and they have only themselves to blame.

I had a look at some of Cantra's videos, and well, which father wouldn't
be proud when his daughter shows behavioural patterns that resemble the
ones of a serial killer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:34 am 
Boss Member

why i am not suprised tranca for calling him words ? :P

my only hope for now is GA but i am sure it will flop ...

the only game that keep me playing it was Champions Online that in 2 months i manage to do everything in game even with pvp items ... nothing more for me in there ...

Fallen earth for my opnion is a disaster ... dunno what u like in that game but everything there seems so bugged ... i just lost my 40 euros ...

The SWGemu seems to going from bad to worst ... they havent make an update since 1 year before .

Ofc i aint gonna try again any of AoC / LOTRO / EQ2 etc cozz it will be just a waste of 12 euros ..

and the last month i passed it on my old Game DaoC on the RvRvR server Open PvP . but not a lot of ppl playing it is like 9 years game old .

and the only hope is the new Star Wars but from all the videos i have seen i really dunno ..

For Now i hope most of u make wrong about GA and will be a good game at least till SW launch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:30 pm 

Well Byron, FE is the first sandbox type game I have played. I didn't play SWG pre or post cu/nge. So it's a completely new thing for me. It's the first mmo I have played where levelling doesn't seem important. In fact I've dinged a few times and not actually been aware that I was close to levelling.

I've not encountered any serious bug issues. I have had a couple of client crashes and that's all. But compared to AoC, which is getting close to being 2 years old now, FE is far more stable than that. And speaking of AoC. The assassin revamp is on testlive atm. They have done it again, went over the top....3k combo finishers !!! wtf....

Might be a good thing though. As it will cause all these fotm demos and necros to either reroll or be chain raped. AoC goes back to being a melee focused game. Yeah that's a good thing I think.

I had a look at some of Cantra's videos, and well, which father wouldn't
be proud when his daughter shows behavioural patterns that resemble the
ones of a serial killer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm 
Boss Member

So is anyone actually playing STO?

It's a decent time-killer. Pretty graphics, nice enough gameplay, just no depth to it, but that was to be expected. Not that dissimilar to Champions Online, which was also fun for a while.

I'm playing this until a real MMO comes out. I have semi-high hopes for the new Star Wars, Old Republic. Oh, and Otherland.

I'm Tafari if you wanna add me to your Cryptic friends list.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next