It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jehovas at your doorstep.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:57 am 

Do you get 'em ringing your doorbell praying on your young soul to get converted to "the faith"?

Me and my bro had a discussion with a mother n her daughter once, talking about intelligent design and it's relation to the human body and arguements like that. They just kept on referring to the bible when they didn't know a straight answer! It was fun, but they kept coming back afterwards to try again :p
Just now I had two old d00ds at my doorstep who caught me giving them a glance when I was making my breakfast :D They stayed put for a bunch a minutes, before they got the message and left for their next victim.

I'm down with religion, though I'm not religious myself, but those people are a bit too much.

Post subject: Re: Jehovas at your doorstep.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 am 

Infidels ftw!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:49 pm 
Boss Member

yeah they have issues well - i guess its called conviction - i dont think Id get out of bed early morning on a sat to convince ppl of a message they wont accept.

Anyways they are allowed to believe what they want.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 pm 

killing in the name of Sigmar... gogogo wackoreligious gyuzzzzz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 am 

They used to come also to my neighbourhood but I think in Greece religion is a sensitive issue,so when my grandma saw them he threw them out and I was laughing.I think they got the msg "don't interrupt me when I am sleeping" although I don't give a lot of significance at religion and nationality all people have the right to believe what they want to believe....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:30 pm 

Urizen wrote:
They used to come also to my neighbourhood but I think in Greece religion is a sensitive issue,so when my grandma saw them he threw them out and I was laughing.I think they got the msg "don't interrupt me when I am sleeping" although I don't give a lot of significance at religion and nationality all people have the right to believe what they want to believe....

But what people believe or have faith in, in regards to religion is a private and personal thing. It becomes a problem when, like JW's start pushing it down your throat. Or preachers screaming out "The lords word" in the centre of citys.

Religious people preaching to me I see same as telesales people, an annoyance as im perfectly capable of finding somewhere to get information about them if i ever felt the need.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:14 pm 

The best is Kiwoo I think that you must search first what u want and u seek.You can even end up at believing at nothing and that is also respectable but you should be avle to justify it if someone asks you about.

I think it is as you said it is like watching telemarketing,You must be after a party where you drank a lot to be able to listen to them... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:23 am 

Mormons (christian guys trying to convert you) are all over my town, and my dog bites. I'll give you one guess why they stopped knocking on our door ;)

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]