It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My Aion review
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:47 am 
Boss Member

Amrix wrote:
fallen earth is so poo, i just can't bear the gfx atm, i hope they improve it... the concept is good, although some things i don't like, like lack of ffa (you can't hit friendly targets), but until they sort the graphics out, i'm never gonna play it, silvane, you wanna try it?

Q+Q=?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:36 pm 

Dinged level 29 yesterday, was wrong about PvP as kind of starts at lvl 20+ zone as rifts open randomly between the 2 faction areas. At 25 after doing the Abyss Access chain, easy chain, you can then enter the Abyss.

http://i41.tinypic.com/er9xdz.jpg

The best gear is crafted, my green lvl 27 weapon is as good as green lvl 30 drop. Crafting is expensive and takes a lot of farming. Especially green recipes, but they can crit to next quality.

Gladiators are sick, huge damage, plate armor. Farming machines with AE.

Of course in Abyss you can expect to get raped by high levels, but its part of the fun ^^. Also is funny when you drag them back to guards or they try to follow you into the shield that protects starter city in the Abyss and get insta gibbed.
PVP gear is nice, reduced damage from players on armor. 1.2% to 4% per piece. Tanks with that will be untouchable ^^. But costs a huge amount of Abyss points.

Green quality pvp armor, for gloves, shoulders boots. is around 7k AP, chest 14k. weapon 28k. Each piece of armor and weapon has slots for 4 mana stones. (like enchants), to gold which are 58k-150k per piece. thats lvl 30 gear, higher level, higher cost. The heavy Abyss points is going to come from capturing Fortresses and Relics, but mobs are lvl 40 group. So how to get so much AP for lvl 30 is like no idea. You get around 200 AP per solo kill equal lvl. So to get the gold set at 30 you would need something silly like 20.000+ pvp kills.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm 

http://i40.tinypic.com/i259ft.jpg

Level 30 PvP armor (chest and legs) and level 30 wings. Armor makes my char look like a flower!

Gladiators are imba, hit like a Sorcerer with HP and defence of a tank. But they are the farmers choice of class. I expect them to be nerfed before NA/EU release.

Titles are more than just that, you earn them for specific quests and each title gives you a different buff. Like the one im using, Fluent in Balaur gives +MP, +magic resist, +magic accuracy. Others give like +evade, +HP, +defence, etc.

But still theres nothing really new in Aion. The only different thing is the aerial combat. The optimization is 100% too, only lag ive had is network rubber banding because of the distance of the server. Even when we were PvPing with at least 2 raid groups 4xgroups of 6. With zero frame rate drop. Release was solid too, but they had chance to iron out any problems with the OB. Western MMO teams could learn a lot on how to launch from eastern MMO companys.

So, after getting to lvl 30 with Sorc, 20 with Gladiator. PVPd a lot, crafted and pved a lot I think Ive spent enough time to give it a rating.

Graphics 10/10. Really pretty graphics, optimized perfectly. Spoilt by the flower pvp armor^^
Gameplay 6/10. Nothing new there, really just another eq clone. albeit the level grind is no way like games like perfect world, Lineage 2, there's still a grind....Money. Everything costs, and everything is expensive.

It is fun, but, as said in first post, if you are expecting something new or next gen then you are going to be disapointed.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am 
Boss Member

is the combat like warhammer where u tab to your target and then bash keys? or just run up and bash keys?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:34 pm 

Davo wrote:
is the combat like warhammer where u tab to your target and then bash keys? or just run up and bash keys?

Just like any other EQ clone with auto attack. With combos on melee you do get a choice of which attack path to go. Casters dont.

Example with Gladiator, first hit. 2nd in combo can be a damage shield or another attack, if uses 2nd attack, it opens up 3rd one, which is choice of a another attack (forget what does) or a attack with KD.

http://i43.tinypic.com/970594.jpg
Finally got last pieces of the PVP reward armor after huge fight and lots of solo hunting.

It goes all glowy when in combat.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2d1jy3t.jpg
Plus you can see detail in skin and skeleton, pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 pm 

Kiwoo could you give us some info about the other classes?Imbalnced,overpowered,which ones you suggest and staff like that.
Because I think many will start the game and I want to see if I will be among them even for a month or two :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:21 pm 

Urizen wrote:
Kiwoo could you give us some info about the other classes?Imbalnced,overpowered,which ones you suggest and staff like that.
Because I think many will start the game and I want to see if I will be among them even for a month or two :D

Gladiators are pretty imba, have high defence and if you use green+ quality weapons can throw out HUGE damage. It's class choice of the gold farmers. Rangers throw out some serious ranged damage, but top of ranged (albeit squishy) is the sorcerer. But from what I've seen pretty much every class is strong in pvp in there own way. Summoner seems more of a support class, even more so than healers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:06 am 

Havnt logged on Aion in over a month due to loss of interest in it. Knowing that end game is pretty bleak in its present state. That PvP will be dominated by a small number of top guilds that monopolize the forts thus making near impossible for smaller guilds to gain medals for the top PvP armor. Levels of PvP armor, green, blue, gold make massive differences in PvP. example, gold gives 25% pvp damage reduction, green gives around 12%. Also increased stats, resists, damage from them.

End game PvP will be as level as the alps.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2