It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gemcrafting 101
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:44 pm 

Aeribian wrote:
Hiya All,

I have noticed we have no comphrensive Gem Crafting Guide here, so I have undertaken to write one. It is of course a work in progress as we learn more about this game.

Learning
Gemcrating can be learnt at any resource town once you reach Level 40

Finding Gems
Level 40 Gems can be found on mobs of level 40+, with each 10 levels of mobs dropping higher level gems respectively. There are two types of Gem, Uncut and flawless. Flawless ones being rarer, but producing better results (Usually!)

Crafting Gems
To Craft a gem you will need an Uncut or Flawless gem in your inventory, as well as an appropriate level crafting kit (Novice for level 40 and so on up)
You will notice that there are three different shape options for each type of gem. Oval, Rhombic and Oblique. Each shape fits in a different type of crafted item (more on that later). As you will soon see each shape will also produce different results.

Red coloured names mean you do not have the materials for that item
Black coloured names mean that you do

Once you have selected your gem and shape and selected craft it will move it into your main backback and randomly assign it with a prefix. This prefix determines the associated stat (which is not a random value). You can now equip it yourself, sell it in the Trader or trash it if is rubbish. (yes im looking at you 0.9% Unholy Resistance!)

List of Gems
There are far too many types of gem to list, so I have compiled a list in Excel which is searchable and filterable which should suit everbody's needs

The links to the files are:
Gem List in Google Spreadsheet

Name: the prefix given when crafted
Shape: The shape picked from the crafting list
Gem: The ran Gem
Size: How big the gem is (see later)
Level: Level before you can use the gem
Slot: Where it fits in
Stat: The Good Stuff, what it does
Type: The type of stat it is
Stuff: Ran out of names...Misc?
Colour: Green is Standard, Blue is Flawless

Socketing
Gems are what really make the player crafter gear have a point, instead of just being pretty.
Size 5 Gems fit into Slot sizes of 1
Size 10 Gems fit into Slot Sizes of 2

Also, each shape will only fit certain items
Oval fits into Two Handed Weapons
Oblique fits into Armour
Rhombic fits into One Handed weapons
Trillion fits into One Handed Weapons
Cabochon fits into Armour
Teardrop fits into Two Handed Weapons

Known Gemcrafting Bugs
- Crafting quest is broken. To complete this, go to another zone, immediately make a gem, zone again, make the second gem, zone once more, complete the third. They can be of any shape or type.
- Hovering over an item with a gem socketed will cause it to crash. Currently this is internal testing to be fixed
- Recipie book does not update the line colour when you use the last item (For example you have 1 carnelian and it shows as black, if you use it it should now show as red, but it will not until you close and open crafting book)
- Resetting your Feats at the trainer cause you to lose your Crafting skills and cannot get them back
- Reports that quitting the gemcrafting quest means you cannot re-pick the questback up (See Page 4 of this thread)
- uncut Tigereye appears in the backpack instead of resource Inv. Also it does not stack

Still to do
- Tier 2 Gems (Waiting for me to finally reach level 50!)
- Gem Colours

Conclusion

Well, its taken a long time but I finally got it presentable. If anyone has any helpful advice or suggestions (or Gems!), email me at Peter at ozle.co.uk, or just write here or PM.
I'd like to thank my guild, The City State of Tronac for putting up with me, and Lugh for giving me masses of gems.

Oh and feel free to reproduce anywhere else, but please let me know and give me credit.

Thanks,

Aeribian

Post subject: Re: Gemcrafting 101
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 am 

First I would like to say thanks for the guide for gemcutting.I dont know if this the right thread to post my question if not I will delete the post later.I have a problem at the crafting.I can't find novice gemcrafting kits although I can craft so many gems I don't have the kits.I know it sounds a little newbie question but I was searching and I could find anyone.If someone can help me I would really appreciate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm 

Urizen wrote:
I have a problem at the crafting.I can't find novice gemcrafting kits although I can craft so many gems I don't have the kits.I know it sounds a little newbie question but I was searching and I could find anyone.If someone can help me I would really appreciate.

Try NPC Vendors in crafting cities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:18 am 
Boss Member

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... gHtnQK0GCw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:03 am 
Boss Member

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Gems

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]