It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Community feedback
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 pm 

Quick summary: Spell ranks increase mana cost by major amount but not spell damage by more than a few points. Many feats are broken/bugged/useless. Except couple of feat spells demonologist spells does not get more powerful after 35, its straight downhill from there

Critical problems: Spell ranks of fires of gehenna & shockstrike only increase by 2-8 damage but tons more mana cost. Inferno of ambher rank 4 is 4 sec cast and does only slight more damage than rank 3 that casts in 3 sec and costs less mana. TONS OF FEATS DONT WORK. GAME CRASHES
sorry for the caps but killing mobs with spells that havent increased in damage since 35 at 70 feels like trying to kill a 200 kilo steroid freak with a flaming toothpick. Hey im all for sadism but there is a difference between sadistic and futile frustration

- General feat tree:
* Crimson shield feats do nothing does not increase damage absorbed or total damage absorbed, (possible bugged tooltip?)
Update: increase with 3 points in feat tree is 15 points more HP, not what this feat is supposed to do.

* Archmage feat - Does NOT increase magic damage rating in general stats or fire/cold/electric/unholy specific tree. (broken/worthless)

- Conflag feat tree
* Splash damage to fires of gehenna, does not work. No splash takes place ever with or without feat

* Greater flame, cast time carries over to 2nd cast of fires of gehenna as well.

* Gates of hell more than 1 point in this feat does nothing doesnt increase time banished nor damage done on demons or non demons

* Fluidic fires only working on humanoids

* Unholy hate, too short duration to be useful.

* Devouring Flames only goes off if target dies from incinerate debuff, this rarely happens if ever due to low damage from incinerate for one and most often the target will die from something else.
Suggestion to make this feat actually useful: If incinerate debuff is on target when it dies lingering flames will kick in.

*Fires of gehenna rank 5 does less damage but takes more mana than rank 4

* Infero of ambher rank 4 is 4 sec cast does less damage and costs more mana than rank 3, rank 3 is only 3 sec cast.

* hellfire stream feat increase width of stream by +25, its a single target DD no cone involved, really unclear what this is supposed to do, not increase damage but make the spell effect appear wider?

- Spells issues and bugs
* Inferno of ambher Rank 2 does less damage than rank 1 while costing more mana. ( Will update this when ive tested it myself bit later today)

* Waves of flame Rank 2 increase in damage is negliable compared to increase of mana cost (few points of damage more but way more mana cost)

* Waves of Flame rank 4 is 160-266 dmg for 923 mana and rank 3 is 151-250 dmg for 762 mana Considering the damage increase in other classes, hp increase etc its highly unbalanced that demonologist damage increase so little and we have to pay so much mana for 5-6 more damage.

* Pact of Set increases damage only by 1/4 of intended with fire spells (fires of gehenna ) works correctly with electric spells

* Fires of gehenna rank2/3/4/5 big mana cost increase next to none damage increases

* Fires of gehenna all ranks Does NOT do splash damage, making feats improving it useless as well.

* Damage range on spells too big, make it smaller so its more consistent dps.

Spellweaving:
- More often than not you'll get stuck in spellweave until you die from the drain or relog or quite simply stuck in animation until relog.

General issues:
DPS/Spell damage output is matched by POM/ToS, and they got heals in addition. Feats got major issues, bugs and balance between trees. Class balance overall is questionable, what is the Demonologists role? I was with a level 68 ToS yesterday, i was 70 fighting level 72-73 mobs, he 2 shots any of them and often just ran in gathered up 6-8 of them and aoe them in 2-3 shots. If i were to do that even with pots and all id be dead in 4 sec with no mob below 50%, and dealing with more than a single pull is a pain as with fires of gehenna that dont do splash damage and damage hasnt increased by more than 5-8 damage since level 35 but cost 200 more mana pr rank.

Feats increase max damage not min damage so your range of damage increase but you still can hit for the minimum damage of the spell with of without feats. Feats should increase min AND max damage to reflect accurately actual damage increase (increasing max damage by 20 doesnt increase the average damage by more than half if min damage isnt increased as well)

(Example: spell does 233 - 543 dmg, average 386. feat increase dmg by 20 from tooltip this increasing the max by 20 gives 233 - 563 dmg average 398, the actual damage increase is barely 50% of what the feat says).

Damage increase should be pure after average is done, so you got the same base range damage and then add in + damage in calculation. so its always 233-543 + bonus from feat/gear/buff. (my idea of it anyway, probably more complex. Feat tooltips etc should be more accurate in any case in telling you what they actually increase if the feat only increase +max then the feat that adds +8 damage only actually increases average damage by 4 )

Spells improved by feats:
Update the spell description to reflect what its supposed to do with feats, makes it much easier for us to give feedback and reports on bugs as well as a clearer idea on what it actually does. Many feats got no numbers at all just that it increases something by something.

Community discussion/thoughts/feedback:

Storm chains, hands of the underworld:
Breaks nearly instantly on damage at times or very early(2-3 sec), storm chains even on its own dot. In pvp against a equal level opponent ive yet to see these hold for more than a second if the target has incinerate on it.

incinerate and feats:
Does too little damage to be worth it, at 52 with full feats in improving lingering flames it ticks for a whopping 8 damage. Making these feat rather useless.

Detonation feat:
Too long cast time to be useful in a fight, suggestion: Make it 1 sec cast time or instant to make it more useful. Considering it does about the same damage as fires of gehenna but takes longer to cast and need 5 incinerate debuffs on the target to do that much.

In general many feats say they increase damage, increase stat etc but not by how much and it doesnt show how much increase your supposed to have no matter how many points you put into them. This might be related to the bug of the feat itself as other feats got tooltip saying it increases fire damage for instance and by how much.

consume flames requires you to cast and is it really worth the feat points for the mana returned? Compared to the passive effects of havok tree feats fire tree should get more passive chance to regen mana on cast/damage.

Improve storm chains useful ness by adding a 5-6 sec 50% snare effect on breaking, makes up for some imbalance in having it break usually instantly in pvp and from incinerate dot/own dot.

Spellcasting issues/bugs:

Suggestion note:
Protection of set is 5 min duration, increase duration to 1 hour like other buffs as its only a pain to stop and recast every 5 mins (self replenishing shield every 35 sec so duration of buff doesnt not affect anything but us having less annoyance of having to recast so often)

Buffs wearing off
Also its annoying as its easy to miss a buff wearing off, it blinks for a bit then its gone in a fight you most likely wont notice it.
Suggestion to improve this: Light up and expiring buff like this, at least buffs with more than 1 minute duration make them light up around the edges and glow a bit to make them stand out and become more noticeable.

Destiny Quest mage issues:
Destiny quest at 30 pick increase magic strength:
Update: magic strength is increased by 1, no effect noticeable on damage done (possible issue with magic rating? if you dont have infernal knowledge/electric equivalent up you do 1-40 damage pr FoG at 56)
Picked increase damage at 50 and it seems i actually LOST the 1 rating i got from 30, stat turned grey and instead of having 201 before i then had 200 after picking that reward.

Class balancing?
Balance compared to other classes seem off:

* ToS/PoM can output dps equal or higher related to lack of dps as discussed above. (ive personally seen a level 52 ToS take on 5-6 level 56+ apes at a time in eigolopian with no problems gathering them up and 2-3 shotting aoe with about no downtime what so ever)

* Cannot handle a equal/higher level boss without chugging pots at 52 and havent been able to since 25 or so. While other classes seem able to steamroll it for instance ive seen conq and bear shamans able to take on boss + normal adds without problems or pots.

* PvP balance, ToS/PoM can cast on their two heals and more than easily outheal our damage. Related to lack of dps again as discussed above.

(Note against a guardian at 52 equal level fight i had to chug mana pots as i spent a full mana bar on him and he was still at 50-60% he was using defensive stance, again Dps related issue/mana)

Lack of caster gear especially armor from 20-80 almost every piece of cloth i find got +hide +stamina on it im still using level 20 cloth items as i cant find better stuff from quest nor drops. Quests at least should get caster items with as available rewards. Now level 80 and this has held true the entire way 98% of items ive found are melee oriented with +stamina, + offhand damage or other assassin items.

Source

Post subject: Re: Community feedback
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:18 am 

Instead of fixes, we got nerfs... sweet ! :(

Another problem that doesn't seems to be listed is critical strikes. I'm lvl 51 and as far as i know none of my spells ever crit (except with spellweaving). I was not sure until i used some Combat log parser and the result is pretty clear, i got no crits among more than 1000 shockstrikes and 250 shocks.
I don't know if it's a bug or just the fact that we have a 0% chance of crit without items... anyway it sucks !

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]