It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Application
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:00 pm 

Enjoy! Any questions, just send me a /tell in-game: Diction or Knuckledust

Name: Diction
Level: 58
Class: Ranger
Race: Cimmerian

Profession(s): Weaponsmith/Armorsmith(by mistake)

Playing style: Dedicated. I love PvP, not so much instanced stuff, but open world. Big epic battles that you'll always remember.

PvP experience: Some of my PvP comes from EvE online, a little in LOTRO, if you can call it PvP and of course WoW and currently AoC, which is my only MMO and will be my last(probably). Unless i find a new bunch of friends to migrate with in 5 years time.

PvE experience: Spent a long time raiding in WoW as a Rogue, all Tier 1, Tier 2 and some Tier 3. I quit after TBC, because nothing felt new and i was waiting on AoC for years.

Alts: Currently i have a level 44 Bear Shaman, which potentially could be my main character as Ranger is played a lot and finding a guild and even groups can be tough. Everyone needs healing!

Personal information
Nationality: UK

Previous MMO Experience: Started playing EvE-Online back in 2003, i'd heard a lot about it and Star Wars Galaxies, but the idea of flying a Titan(at the time) sounded great. Little did i realise the time and money it would take. I played WoW for 2 years or so, PvE with some friends, mostly end-game raiding, BWL, Naxx etc I played a Minstrel in LOTRO to level 42 and quit due to just being mind-numbingly bored with it, and the lack of real PvP.

Additional info: There's a lot of Rangers in the game, but i'm very active, be it in guild chat, with groups, grinding for whatever reason. I'm not a coaster looking for an easy time, i'm looking for a guild that has some balls and didn't accidentally click the 'PvP' button.

Availability
Days/times: 7 days a week.
Grind Endurability (1-5, 1=lowest, 5= highest): 5 - I can grind for hours, doesn't bother me really. Some music, or a DVD to keep you company is all i need.
Ability and willpower to read up on forum once a day (yes/no): Yes, more than once. Everyone loves to post jokes or youtube videos :)

Expectations
What are your expectations from AoC: Fun and of course: FEPvP - F*cking Epic PvP - That's my expectations.

Boss
Why Boss? Seems like Boss are very active and that's what i'm after.
Who can vouch for you in Boss? Most likely nobody. I can't vouch for myself and i've never grouped with anyone from BOSS.

Last guilds name and reason for leaving? The Ancients - Nice guys, full Tier 1 keep, but not enough active members, very little talk about any plans for the guilds future, and i'm looking towards the long term.

Post subject: Re: Application
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am 

Pretty decent application (people from EvE deserve respect), can you describe your role in group Pvp ? What are your targets, your goals, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:44 pm 

I see my role in group PvP as single-target-High-DPS with some added crowd control. I can get in close for a knockback and also a Fear combo, which is helpful as i can then back off, lay a trap and gain the distance again for both myself and my group(if they're not melee of course) I'm very much a team/group player, i don't play to be 'Top of the Scoreboard'.

My number one target is for me and my friends to have fun. My main focus is PvP, i've done my fair share of PvE raiding and it felt like all i could do was stand around in town for people to see my achievements. Now i want my achievements to be arrows and steal tearing the pixel flesh of my enemies. So i guess you could say my targets are: a big body count :)

My goal is to help get a Battlekeep operational and hopefully get to defend it on a regular basis due to being the best Battlekeep built on the server.

Any more questions, feel free to ask :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:31 am 

re-apply when you've reached lvl 80 if you want to, as you mentioned, healers are more sought for and thats the case in our guild as well, having a low lvl on top of that makes it very hard for us to judge your efficiency in the near future.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]