It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: (RIFT) Vendetta application
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm 
Boss Member

Character information
Name / Level / Career / Race Unknown yet but as name : Vendetta hopefully if it isn't taken during the early release.
Career Trees Cleric
Professions Unknown
Playstyle PvE (raiding) + PvP

Personal information
Nationality Dutch but living in Belgium
Age / Gender 29 / M
Previous MMOs Experience
This is going to be a long list but I will cut it as short as possible.

Ultimate Online : My first mmorpg experience which I played for 2 years. Loved it and I was usually PKing (pvping) people with my archermage or trading stuff with my crafters on the pve side.

Everquest : This one boggled my mind, not only due to the high variety of classes and revolutionary graphics (at that time for an mmorpg it was nice) but also
for the community in there, the things I have seen in there are still carved in my mind, and one of those things also made me leave the game, which was one of the female players in my guild back then fell in love with me INGAME and wanted to leave her husband and kids for me.
Played this game for 4 years.

Mankind : Another MMO which I played for about 1 year (nothing like a fantasy mmorpg but was definately fun).

Everquest 2 : Tried it, didn't like it.

Dark Age of Camelot : Played it for about 1 year mainly PVP.

WoW : A classic one ofcourse which I started playing due to most of my real-life friends were trying it out as well. I ended up staying ingame for about 2 years I believe and sold my account to a friend after killing Illidan (end-game boss back then) which was my goal ingame.
Ofcourse I PvPed alot too with a Druid class and Rogue class.

Age of Conan : This was (and still is) some sort of on/off light switch relationship. Due to the lack of other mmorpgs (Except perhaps warhammer but I never given it a go) I kept coming back to the game, at this point I have 6 lvl 80's where pvping and raiding are the main things I do when logging into the game.

Aion : Tried it, didn't like it.

Availability
Days / Times Every evening except fridays and sometimes saturdays.
Grind Endurance Not sure what's meant with this but I utterly, completely HATE grinding (as in kill xxxxx mobs)
Ability and willpower to read up on forums I can read,speak and write in English so that shouldn't be a problem.
Voice Comms with microphone is mandatory, is this a problem for you ? Not at all, but it might be a problem for you guys when you hear me on vent while I am drunk.

Expectations
What are your expectations from Rift? Epicnessssss ;-)
What do you want to achieve in this game ? If I stick with it (because I haven't tried it yet, but pre-ordered it so will be stuck in there for at least 3 months) I hope to achieve a fun ingame experience by both killing the crap out of enemy players, high-end raiding progress for getting the epic lewt and ofcourse have build up some nice relations ingame with both guildies and ingame friends.

Boss
Why Boss? On the official EU forums you were my first choice mainly because you seem well organized and a fun bunch of peepz.
Who can vouch for you in Boss? My sunglasses from Boss? (noone unfortunately)
Last guilds name (and reason for leaving)? No last guild name, hopefully [Boss] will be my first and last RIFT guild.

Rate yourself from 1-10
Teamplay (10)
PVP Skill (8)
PVP Experience (10)
Survivability (8)
Ability to follow instructions (8)

Why an 8? - It depends on the situation, my current mental state (not necessarily drugs lol) and if I am tired or not.
Either way, I am a high demanding person when it comes to my own skills and I tend to go deep into understanding my class and skills as much as possible.

"Rouges are overpowdered."

Post subject: Re: (RIFT) Vendetta application
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:45 pm 
Boss Member

I can't vouch for what I have read.

At the describition of your MMO history I see a lot of PvE going on and I can not read any specific PvP victory's. You have made 8 characters in a PvP game as AoC and not so much info about the pvp in that game or an game like DoaC. After reading that you had 8 characters to lvl 80, I was suprised to see that you hate grinding, please explain since grinding will be needed in any MMO to gain good gear, which will result in better PvP results. Reading your expectations (and seeing you are already prepared to quit the game if it doesn't fulfill your expectations in 3 months) makes me think you are more of an community player then a Hardcore PvPer, which is feared by anyone; anywhere, because this is what we search in BOSS.

Nonetheless I liked the detailed application, convince me that I am wrong and that you are what we search for in BOSS.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm 
Boss Member

Fair enough.

As for the grinding, I am aware that it is required to make progress in an mmo game but what I meant is that I hate grinding the same mobs for hours/days in order to progress (Like the Lineage typical grind - another game which I tried and forgot to add to the list, but only played it for a few months), if this can be done by raiding, doing instances and doing pvp wars it's not "grinding" in my eyes, since the progress I make then is by doing a variety of different things ingame.
Concerning the progress you mean, don't worry I am willing to sacrifice a lot of time in order to reach certain goals (max lvl - skills - gear - etc).

As for the 3 months subscription, I can't say I will stay in a game before even trying the game by only reading about it and watching in-game movies, I think this is the case for 90% of the players. If it catches on like EQ, WoW or AoC for that matter I will stick with it ofcourse, but I can't guarantee it, neither can you I think. ( I mean, if the game launches and becomes a new AoC with endless bugs and exploits the interest in a game quickly fades away)

As for pvping, this is a delicate question, I enjoy both aspects in-game, I love high-end raiding and I love high paced pvp battles.

If your question is : Am I purely a hardcore pvper? Then the answer is NO.
If your question is : Are you willing to put effort into PvPing and compete with the best players ingame together with your guildies? Then the answer is YES.

My choice of going PVP in RIFT is mainly based on the fact that I want the fun I had back in WoW when pvping, in AoC the same, grouping up with guildmembers and go slaughter whatever we see in our way, do 2v2 battles, duels, RvR battles, etc.

I want to exceed in both aspects of the game (pve and pvp) which is perfectly doable due the class change system.

What exactly are you looking for in BOSS then? :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm 

Were looking for Experienced hardcore pvpers who have been playing the pvp part of games for a long period of time. I like you and all of that, but I cant see any past experiences, or things youve done ingame when it commes to pvp.

You prolly understand that we cannot just accept everyone applies solely on wether we like it or not. We try to get some background info about you, like what you did before, how you did it.

How did you play AoC? Purely lvling characters? You did battlegrounds? How did you pvp? Did you do anything worth mentioning?
In wow, did you pvp? What rank did you become in vanilla pvp wise?
You got to provide something that you can brag about, something you achived that makes you special, and is a trademark for you as a pvp players.

Obviously we arent looking for thoose who plays battlegrounds a few hours a day in past games, we want thoose top notch players who got the hunger to be the best.

And to be honest your application reflects no real pvp passion. Not one thing pops out of it that either show this guy knows pvp! or he got the experienced, we just have to get this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:02 pm 
Boss Member

Thanks for the rapid reply, we appreciate that here at BOSS.

Thank you for explaining your interpretation of the word 'grinding'. We at BOSS will always aim for the best, so that also means the best in gear. That is why we are paying attention if the applicants have a high grinding endurance, since in MMO's it's known; for getting the best gear grinding is needed.

I do agree with you on the part that you can not know how a game will release; there is always the risc it will flop. However the reason for pointing it out is for making sure we recruit dedicated players which won't give up on the game after a short amount of time; we give the game the time to evolve and heal it self, nontheless if the game can't recover and stays buggy and unplayable there is no reason for continue playing it. So far RIFT is looking promising, so lets think positive!

When you play with BOSS do not expect regular PvE runs or unorganized PvP Groups. When we do PvE we are aiming for flawless runs and to finish the raid as quick as possible; we don't look how beautifull the flowers are set in the instance or how cool the dragons look; we just pwn, loot and move along, when we do PvP we run organized groups destroying litterly anything in our way. We aim for the best, being second is not an option for us.

We in Boss are searching for a dedicated player, which has the willpower to be active in game and out side of the game (forums, new game updates etc.). We are looking for someone which is prepared to work his ass off to make his character top geared and someone which enjoys playing in a small, but organized group and killing much larger numbers with good organisation and being a Teamplayer. This all may sound very serious, but in the end we play games for the fun; and we get it from pwning in PvP.

I hope I informed you enough with this information, so tell me are you ready for the BOSS Experience?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 pm 
Boss Member

I don't believe in bragging rights when it comes to pvp, it makes you look arrogant and elitist.
(because there is ALWAYS someone better out there *coughs* Koreans usually excell at that point *coughs*)

Eitherway, I fully understand you can't just accept anyone. But I honestly have no specific pvp achievements I can brag about.

I had a pvp rank 8 (rogue) and rank 7 (druid) back in WoW before I quit.
In counter-strike I played in the #1 Belgium team back in the days (X-stars) which went to the WCG in Korea in 2002.
In AoC I ended up having 1.6K kills / 500 deaths ratio on my sin doing pvp in Kheshatta (pvp zone) before the pvp exp patch and before quitting the game for a year.
In Guildwars my guild team was able to beat the current #1 Russian team (RUS CORP) on several occassions.

Either way, it sounds more like you are only looking for elitist players I think.

I am just looking for a guild in RIFT to have fun with, and grow in skill together, not try to be elitist ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm 
Boss Member

Iceberg wrote:
we don't look how beautifull the flowers are set in the instance or how cool the dragons look;
LOL :)

Iceberg wrote:
We in Boss are searching for a dedicated player, which has the willpower to be active in game and out side of the game (forums, new game updates etc.). We are looking for someone which is prepared to work his ass off to make his character top geared and someone which enjoys playing in a small, but organized group and killing much larger numbers with good organisation and being a Teamplayer. This all may sound very serious, but in the end we play games for the fun; and we get it from pwning in PvP.

I hope I informed you enough with this information, so tell me are you ready for the BOSS Experience?

Let me put it this way, give me a chance and I might surprise you ;-)
If I don't we split our ways, no hard feelings (except perhaps a dagger or two in your back :P)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm 

Its not about being elitist, but when you apply to a hardcore pvp guild you have to understand that we want to know exactly what you did in games? We cant just recruit people without knowing anything about them.

And no, we are not elitist, what you wrote there was enough, I got a picture of how you are a as a player, I dont want you to brag, just simply state how you feel you did in different games, there no showoff in that :)

If what not it says something about your dedication and determination. Rank 8 is for me a good rank, it means you put alot of effort into wow PVP without going allout and running preamdes all day long, which I did, and in the end, it was not worth it :)

I am not trying to be a hater, I just wanna know more about you, and I actually do like you, so dont take my askings as a negative sign, we simply just want to you to elaborate your experiences, views and basicly get a feel of you as a person :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 pm 
Boss Member

No offence taken at all ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm 

How was WCG? Sounds awesome!

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next