It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: [RIFT] - Fite Application
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:14 pm 
Boss Member

Character information (if known)
Name: Fite
Career: Undecided. I will try each career, and either choose a class by guild requirements, or the one that suits my playstyle which is normally mdps.
Probable characters
MAIN - MDPS
Primary ALT - Tank
Secondary Alt - Healer
I will probably play most classes just to understand them properly, both their strengths and weaknesses. Know your enemies right?

Professions: Im really not one for crafting.. sorry :P im usually too busy killing people
Playstyle: Hardcore/PVP

Personal information
Nationality: British (Bournemouth)
Age / Gender 22 M
Previous MMOs Experience
3 years of EQ2 Nagafen pvp server. 2 years of Warhammer online. Ran guilds in both games. Personal achievements are just the times when Ive led a group to victory against the odds, and the feeling as you stand over a pile of enemy corpses :D

Availability: Every evening after I finish work. Weekends, apart from the nights that I go out, and the mornings after ;)

Grind Endurance: It all depends on who Im with :) I can grind for hours with the right people. Its going to be fun if youre with friends.

Ability and willpower to read up on forums: Im always a regular on the relevant forums on whichever mmo I am playing. Guild forums ofc I will always be very regular. Currently I post class information on my current guilds forum and act as a go-to guy for people wanting to know more on the WL class regarding speccs, tactics, rotations etc.

Voice Comms with microphone is mandatory, is this a problem for you ? No problem. We use TS3 currently, Vent and Mumble also installed. With mic. I will not be one of the really quiet guys that never says a word, but I do also know when you need the channel clear for leader to be heard.

Expectations
What are your expectations from Rift?
A new world to explore, new friends, enemies and achievements to be made. Importantly, a healthy community of players and decent population.

What do you want to achieve in this game ?
Notoriety among enemies and allies.

Why Boss?
Because I know the style of guild I am looking for, and i know BOSS has the quality and standards that I would expect from team mates. I played along side you in Warhammer Online, on Eltharion for the first year and I do remember you guys well :) I played a shaman called Zappz back then. On the RIFT guild forums yours was the one I reconised and I instantly knew you were exactly what I am looking for.

Who can vouch for you in Boss?
NA

Last guilds name (and reason for leaving)?
I am currently an officer in my guild, Kill 'em All Karak Azgal warhamme online. I intend to hit rift as soon as it launches, while attending as many beta days as possible.

Teamplay (9)
I would like to think I have a good head on me when it comes to setting up a group or warband. I am the main warband leader for my guild, and I regularly lead alliance wb's. Also I am usually the main assist calling targets accordingly.

PVP Skill (9)
Having played EQ2 PVP for 3 years, and WAR for 2 years (since launch) I feel that I have developed good skills and tactics and timing against different archetypes.

PVP Experience (9) 5 years solid :)

Survivability (7) Well on my White Lion (medium armor mdps) I do spec defensively. To those that know Warhammer Online I use defensive sovereign and toughness/crit liniments.

Ability to follow instructions (10) I more than understand the need to follow instructions exactly, and more importantly following them instantly. The times when one person would be too slow, get caught and hold up the whole group in the process for res's and rebuffing has always infuriated me. Split seconds often make the difference between a win and a wipe, I'm sure you guys know what im talking about.

In a nutshell I am looking for a hardcore pvp guild that will attract only the top players, and become the nr1 guild. I am always happy to put in the effort as well as taking criticisms to improve my play. Im not a pr*ck (not big headed) and want to find like minded players that want to get to the top by any means :twisted:

Couple of questions for you guys.
Are you an international guild? For some reason I thought you were Russian only before?
What time of day do you usually play?
How many active members do you expect online on the average evening in prime time?
Do you guys still play WAR?
A few other things I would probably ask, but can wait for conversation of vent (or something)

Cheers,

Dan (Fite)

Last edited by Fite on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [RIFT] - Fite Application
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:21 pm 
Boss Member

Here is a pretty recent video of me playing my White Lion in WAR. Clips were taken in the space of about a week, sadly I always seem to forget to press record as Im about to get into a fight bloodlust and I usually forget! For me the clips dont show my play enough , the only bits I actually like is the hopping through enemy wb to escape, and the fight towards the end in KV versus plenty of DoK and WE, and the duels against Bearmace were pretty fun.(server best marauder aparently).

Rank here is RR82-83 def sov, rr83 axe 4 glyphs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3T6A6SNpk

If you dont like drum n bass mute the music :ugeek: And apologies for the crappy (or lack of) video editing and quality of the recording. It was my first attempt at a video like this and it seems I have much to learn.

Anyway, enjoy.

Last edited by Fite on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:21 pm 
Boss Member

Whats ur name in WAR??I cant see anymore Kill em all :(

[Boss] n0sfor1a
When men die they humiliate the charon because they stare at him before they pass away

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:34 pm 
Boss Member

My main is Fite - White Lion.

The guild is Kill 'em All which is on Karak Azgal. Allied with Garaz, Bohemia, Oscure.

If you have order chars there I can login n show ;) i seem to remember you play a (very) pesky melee dok right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:49 pm 

You should use betas to decide on a main and play that until its top end geared and ready for highend pvp. then start to roll alts, several projects at the same time aint smart!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 pm 
Boss Member

Ajesto wrote:
You should use betas to decide on a main and play that until its top end geared and ready for highend pvp. then start to roll alts, several projects at the same time aint smart!

Yep agreed completely. I'll hit cap on main char before thinking seriously about alts. I will certainly concentrate on 1 char, the others would just be used to fill in gaps when having the right archetype or group setup might be more useful than me being on main char.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:58 pm 

Somewhat agree, but you should max out on char, both lvl and eq wise before starting a new char, we need people to be the most competetive they can be as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:25 pm 
Boss Member

We are international Guild as far for me im from Greece and we play mostly the evenings since most of us are working, married or have kids :P.
We do expect our numbers to be over 15-20 people that play hardcore mostly on the evenings no one is forcing anyone to play nono stop since we are bussy with our real lifes at the same time but generaly after that we log in to relax and enjoy lovely fights and dominate the rest guilds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm 
Boss Member

Fite wrote:
My main is Fite - White Lion.

The guild is Kill 'em All which is on Karak Azgal. Allied with Garaz, Bohemia, Oscure.

If you have order chars there I can login n show ;) i seem to remember you play a (very) pesky melee dok right?

WL ofc man.I m Oforia form Inglorious Basterds.Main DOK(heal spec) ; )
I can tell u that for me is a big YES to join our guild in Rift.U know what means dps.

[Boss] n0sfor1a
When men die they humiliate the charon because they stare at him before they pass away

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm 
Boss Member

Thank you for your application Fite.

I prefer you to choose the class you play the best. Of course we appreciate it that you are showing flexibility by being prepared to play any class. To play at the level of BOSS I highly recommend you to play the class you play the best and not to fool around with alts. Since I don't believe someone can play all classes at their best, but of course no one knows you better then yourself so the decision is up to you.

The rest of the application looks decent. Below you can find answers to your questions, I hope Nofearz and I informed you enough. You got my vouch, you just have to got to wait for what the guild leader (Amrix) decides.

Are you an international guild? For some reason I thought you were Russian only before?
Yes, we are an international guild.We have players all over the world, but mostly people from Europe, so the timezone difference isn't that big. The language we speak on the forums and ventrilo is english only, so that is a worry less.

What time of day do you usually play?
As Nofearz answered here above, we usually play at evenings and nights, but since we are hardcore players we play whenever we can. Usually when we organize things it is between 18:00 - 22:00 gmt +1, but this can always variate depending on the game we play and the days. Ofcourse we are flexible when needed if it involves hardcore pvp and pwning. ;)

How many active members do you expect online on the average evening in prime time?
We expect 15 till 20 active members online at prime time. The reason that we choose for this number is, because we do not like zerging but also want the manpower to pwn large groups. From our experience and our organisation 15 till 20 BOSS members are enough to destroy anything that is so unlucky enough to cross our way.

Do you guys still play WAR?
As far as I am informed only Nosferatou still plays. We as BOSS played it approximately a year and left the game since the compitition died and the game didn't improve (concept and buggy wise).

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next