It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Read this thread ! :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:38 pm 
Boss Member

In the following thread I will explain you how to install and use addons.

What are Addons?
In WAR you will be missing a lot of things if you don't use addons at all. Addons are used to simplify the gaming, to make your interface look better and to make it look smoother.There are 3 addons which everyone MUST HAVE. Those are the addons:

- Squared
- Warhammer Scrolling Combat Text(WSCT)
- Autodismount

How do I Install these Addons?
You can install addons trough the main site, when you enter the site you will need to register. When you've done that you can install ''Curse Client''. With this program you can install addons easily, it will also automatically update. See the following links:
http://www.curse.com - homepage of curse
http://www.curse.com/client/ - the curse client(with this you install addons)

What to do afterwards?
After installing the client(make sure you located in your WAR folder you may have 2 if you installed it in another place ~ if its correct the program will do it automaticaly), you are ready to install addons.. There is a tab above called find addon there you need to find Squared, WSCT and Autodismount. When you found them you will need to press ''install'(green arrow which is pointing south). You can see the addons you have installed at ''your addons''. You can install the addons when you are ingame to see if they work type /reloadui.

If anything isn't clear or you are confused how to do it, you can always contact me trough WAR or Msn(ice_cube4@hotmail.com). I am pleased to help you out.

Greetings,

Tornash
(iceberg)
Ozzy

Post subject: Re: Read this thread ! :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:19 pm 
Boss Member

A couple of recommended try it out and see if you like 'em:

Pure, unitframes which in my opinion are so much cleaner and plain better.
TargetRing, creates a red and green circle around your offensive/defensive targets, makes it easier to keep an overview when people are out of LOS etc.

For crafters: MiracleGrow Remix, Crafting Willard, EZ Craft and Craft Value Tip are all win.

And finally, if you decide to use a modded set of unit frames, don't forget phantom to hide away old bufficons, pets etc.

Post subject: Re: Read this thread ! :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:32 am 

Also state of realm is a nice add on.I am using vertigo for my bars and I am currenlty searching for some new ones also.Perhaps I will post an image after when I am done.

You must also download the latest version of curse if you are using an older perhpas you will get and application error of update.exe

"Malaka Tornash" is also an application met in the game a lot. :lol:

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]