It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Boss @ Star Wars Old Repblic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm 

Hi there, SW:ToR seems like a great game so far, and although i'm gonna play Aion, i'll definitely try that Star Wars MMO :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 pm 

I will definately join this game but we will have to wait for this one.I have to change all my PC till then.But I have an issue with the Sith lords :) Jedi rule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 am 

OOh Uri! Nos told me you had gone off to play soldiers and polish your rifle. Are you back already?! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 am 
Boss Member

Bondurant wrote:
Hi there, SW:ToR seems like a great game so far, and although i'm gonna play Aion, i'll definitely try that Star Wars MMO :D

you gonna try it with us? or you gonna be a newb??? :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 am 

Amrix wrote:
Bondurant wrote:

Bondurant is a n00b:P

Not really "excited" about SWTOR. just comes across as very linear themepark style MMO. A predefined story progression that you follow to level up.

Still more excited about the world of darkness MMO coming from CCP (creators of EVE) as I wouldnt be surprised if, after reading lore, its about Clan warfare and alliances, kinda like EVE itself. If they make it a sandbox game too instead of a theme park MMO....... Then it will be ftw.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm 
Boss Member

Yeah I hear you Bond and David, I hope it doesn't turn out too single-player theme-park style.

Fingers crossed though, this is one MMO I'm really excited about. Mass Effect was awesome, and that's coming from someone who very rarely plays single-player games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:48 am 

Kiwoo wrote:
Amrix wrote:
Bondurant wrote:

Bondurant is a n00b:P

Not really "excited" about SWTOR. just comes across as very linear themepark style MMO. A predefined story progression that you follow to level up.

Still more excited about the world of darkness MMO coming from CCP (creators of EVE) as I wouldnt be surprised if, after reading lore, its about Clan warfare and alliances, kinda like EVE itself. If they make it a sandbox game too instead of a theme park MMO....... Then it will be ftw.

I'll definitely not be a part of BOSS anymore since "you-know-who" is still around, and I dont want to bring dramas just because I dont like some people.

As for SWTOR, it's pretty much a mmo à-la-wow, it seems to be a theme park with restricted/poor interactions, casual friendly gameplay, ultra linear and last but not the least it's developped by Bioware, they're the people who slaughtered the Fallout spirit by doing Fallout 3, aka Oblivion with guns.

Though, i'm excited about WoD, the CCP game, they're a great company (I mean it, youtube "HTFU" and you'll know it too), and Eve Online is an awesome mmo, with betrayals, guilds warfare, politics, strong and deep economy. I want a sandbox MMO with unlimited interactions, dense gameplay, etc, if I'd want a theme park MMO i'd come back to WoW, better theme park mmo in the market so far.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:45 pm 

Bethesda (oblivion makers) made fallout 3, not bioware. Unless ive lost the plot ;) .

Bioware is mass effect, baldurs gate, neverwinter nights and dragon age etc, 4 games that own (or atleast, dragon age will own when it comes).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:46 pm 
Boss Member

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/making-coruscant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 am 

EXACTLY! Bond, what many seem to have forgotten is what made SWG so good was that it was a sandbox, we did whatever we wanted, when we wanted. Not artificially constrained to a straight path or choices limited by a themepark. We put our own mark on the world, we could affect things.

Why I quickly got bored of Aion, why SWTOR doesnt appeal. Why I cant play LOTRO even tho a life member.

Themeparks suck.

Why cant have UO sold more than EQ>.< Then maybe the normal MMO would be sandbox based instead of all the EQ clones.

Who know who by the way? PM me Bond please as intrigued.

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next