It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: America, America ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am 

Yesterday was a Bloody Sunday. A Bloody Sunday for us, since yesterday morning GOA fails to provide Open Beta service to Europe players. While there is alot to say about this epic mess and how it was poorly handled, some players and entire guilds are starting to ask themselves to boycott GOA, and to go playing on US servers.

That's sad. That's sad because obviously Mythic took a bad partner to handle Warhammer Online in Europe, so EVEN IF we plan to play on Europe we're not sure we will get the same quality of service US did (yesterday's events prove we won't). Goa fails on communication ( they even insult their customers, for example here, Goa failed because of his so-90' Flash Site (Mythic site is in HTTPS, we can already see the difference of service), Goa failed because they don't know how to handle a MMO beta launch, that's why they were on the job, epic failure is epic.

So, do we have to go to US servers ? I'd say, let's wait for launch, sometimes things are getting better when people get bullied about their errors. I really hope Mythic will do something about this, Europe is almost 60% Warhammer customers playerbase. Alot of us spent a whole Sunday to spam F5, don't disappoint us or we'll spam buttons to cross the sea.

Post subject: Re: America, America ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 pm 

Great post Bond and brings everyone up to date.

I liked
Quote:
I wasn't at work yesterday, Magnus was the man on the scene covering the situation, but I did keep a close eye on forums and was in contact with the guys in the office
pass the book why don't you - lol

I must say the whole experience of the EU OB has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am fortunate enough to own a US account. I have had with Mythic for over a month now and have ALL my keys entered. Preview Weekend, Preview Weekend Plus (Started Friday), Open Beta, Early Access and Free Gifts. At no stage in this process of account creation, client download and gameplay have I had any problems. The servers and support are first class.

I eventualy got my EU OB key accepted at 02:30am this morning and played a couple of levels. Logged on this morning and all the servers except a French one were down. Oh dear. I really wouldn't hold my breath as to GOA getting it right. People from DAoC told everyone so and noone listened. Only now we know how poor GOA really are.

Atm I am ig and playing. Let's just sit back and see what happens.

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:30 pm 
Boss Member

just because the aoc launch went well, don't judge other games by that, i think aoc got lucky... just give it a few days, i'm sure mythic will sort it out

patience is a virtue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm 
Boss Member

Well the first taste of this whole mess was the worse one i hope and i think Mythic will push GOA for better services if that wont happen then its gonna bee a EU failure for sure. And tbh my patience with game companies and all that waiting time is limited to zero after so many years as a gamer.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]