It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: [AM] How to spec ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 pm 

Well I just gave a look at Archmage forums, and I still don't really know how to spec. I heard Path of Asuryan is quite effective since Cleansing Flare is almost mandatory in group PvP, but requires to spend alot of points in the "damage" tree.

In Path of Vaul there are two interesting things, Scatter the Winds and Golden Aura. Shame you can't pick Golden Aura + Cleansing Flare, but you can take Cleansing Flare + Golden Aura, which coud be very effective as a support build, like this one.

There is an alternative with main Asuryan and Isha like this, unfortunately Balanced Mending isn't working right now (well it was bugged on the beta last day), so I don't know how tu put the last point.

The thing is, you can aswell make a build with any points in Asuryan but I doubt it'll be interesting, Cleansing Fire to my opinion is a mandatory spell in group PvP, a 20 second cooldown target and 20 meters AoE KB can save alot of lives, including yours :P. Well I really need to test the class past lvl20 to see if the survivability gets better, maybe at max lvl with a well organized group you can get rid of it and put points in Vaul to get Golden Aura to Aoe DoT LOL ROFLCOPTER (yeah I get mad every time I think about dotting everybody with Radiant Gaze) and put rest of points in Isha like this one, you got -50% heal debuff, Golden Aura (OWNAGE LULZ), Balanced Mending (if it works) and, and, and Funnel Essence ! Best Isha tree talent, it restores more life than your greater heal and the first tick is instant.

What do you think guys ?

Post subject: Re: [AM] How to spec ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:14 pm 
Boss Member

you going healer then?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:31 pm 

Deffo ye, since i'm really amazed by AM gameplay, and cba to make another RDPS and pew pew again, i want to pew pew AND hew hew :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:06 pm 
Boss Member

tbh, i have no idea about my class let alone all the others, so will take some time to figure it out...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:36 am 

Bondurant wrote:
Well I just gave a look at Archmage forums, and I still don't really know how to spec. I heard Path of Asuryan is quite effective since Cleansing Flare is almost mandatory in group PvP, but requires to spend alot of points in the "damage" tree.

In Path of Vaul there are two interesting things, Scatter the Winds and Golden Aura. Shame you can't pick Golden Aura + Cleansing Flare, but you can take Cleansing Flare + Golden Aura, which coud be very effective as a support build, like this one.

There is an alternative with main Asuryan and Isha like this, unfortunately Balanced Mending isn't working right now (well it was bugged on the beta last day), so I don't know how tu put the last point.

The thing is, you can aswell make a build with any points in Asuryan but I doubt it'll be interesting, Cleansing Fire to my opinion is a mandatory spell in group PvP, a 20 second cooldown target and 20 meters AoE KB can save alot of lives, including yours :P. Well I really need to test the class past lvl20 to see if the survivability gets better, maybe at max lvl with a well organized group you can get rid of it and put points in Vaul to get Golden Aura to Aoe DoT LOL ROFLCOPTER (yeah I get mad every time I think about dotting everybody with Radiant Gaze) and put rest of points in Isha like this one, you got -50% heal debuff, Golden Aura (OWNAGE LULZ), Balanced Mending (if it works) and, and, and Funnel Essence ! Best Isha tree talent, it restores more life than your greater heal and the first tick is instant.

What do you think guys ?

When I was looking into AM it seemed that most people were suggesting maxing out Isha and the rest in Vaul. Some people had the two more balanced. The logic being that as a healer you want to maximise your healing and if you wanted to dps you should be a wizard.

I suppose if your healing is good enough without Isha then the other two look good options. But I suppose you just won't know until you try it out in practice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 pm 

Krull wrote:
When I was looking into AM it seemed that most people were suggesting maxing out Isha and the rest in Vaul. Some people had the two more balanced. The logic being that as a healer you want to maximise your healing and if you wanted to dps you should be a wizard.

I suppose if your healing is good enough without Isha then the other two look good options. But I suppose you just won't know until you try it out in practice.

People who say that are idiots, or / and have no clue about Archmage class. For example on Asuryan (which retards call "DPS TREE LOL") there is a fucking awesome pvp group spell (AoE Knockback) which is almost one of the best crowd control spell actually ingame. Maxing Isha and Vaul is dumb since Archmage isn't a 100% healer, it's a dps for heal / heal for dps class.

People like to minimize classes role like black or white, but it's not that simple. Simple minded people =! simple minded classes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:12 pm 

Bondurant wrote:
People who say that are idiots, or / and have no clue about Archmage class. For example on Asuryan (which retards call "DPS TREE LOL") there is a fucking awesome pvp group spell (AoE Knockback) which is almost one of the best crowd control spell actually ingame. Maxing Isha and Vaul is dumb since Archmage isn't a 100% healer, it's a dps for heal / heal for dps class.

People like to minimize classes role like black or white, but it's not that simple. Simple minded people =! simple minded classes.

Agreed! If I would be a 100% healer I would be a Rune Priest :p

Anyway I think I'm gonna spec like this : http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=20#3:0:15:0:7:0:25

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]