It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Boss in Darkfall (the amrix review)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:06 pm 
Boss Member

NO WAY TRANCA !!!

i will come to marry u and we will travel all the world :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 am 
Boss Member

Amrix wrote:
After playing some more, let me tell you guys, that if you like pvp, then really darkfall is the game to play. The excitement factor and adrenaline is maybe 10x more than war. Remember the times we were outnumbered like 6 men vs 12-15, but we still pwned them, well in this game is like that in every pvp encounter.

Today, we were charging into cities and town naked with maybe 3-4 of us, and we were coming up against 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, etc. players, all full armour, money, resources etc and when you kill them you steal ALL of their loot, so you end up with good gear, which you run away with and bank.

We are raiding guilds and farmers at good pve spots all the time, all we need now is to increase our numbers to about 12 active, then we are gonna really dominate this server, especially with our alliance with Bad Karma.

Guys in war, quit now and come darkfall, Amrix has spoken, stop enjoying a carebear game, and come to a real pvp game.

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!GlobalA is coming.................

[Boss] n0sfor1a
When men die they humiliate the charon because they stare at him before they pass away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 am 
Boss Member

GA won't be out for 6 months

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:33 am 
Boss Member

Attachment:
ScreenShot00046.jpg
ScreenShot00046.jpg [ 188.57 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]

I prefer to fishing again with Urizen in EPIC etten than play DFAIL :D :D
Attachment:
ScreenShot00042.jpg
ScreenShot00042.jpg [ 244.28 KiB | Viewed 27693 times ]

Or i prefer to live this epic gropu hunting n00bs Burglars in Etten :D

[Boss] n0sfor1a
When men die they humiliate the charon because they stare at him before they pass away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 am 
Boss Member

na man, those games are for newbs and carebears, df is for the pure pvp hardcore, darkfall won't fail, you know why? cos there is an ecomony here, unlike those games, and apart from that, this game has depth and pvp and looting

i told you i started off hating this game, and now i really like it, there is no reward in lotro, or warhammer, even in aoc, no reward, but in df, i get all their stuff, EVERYTHING... you kill someone you loot them, steal their gold, their resources, their mount, their armour, everything... you don't get newbs respawning and coming at you nonstop, well you do sometimes if they are naked, but they die fast and your alighnment goes up anyways..

like i said, if you play it you will eithe rlike it or hate it, but don't disrespect the game cos you don't like it, cos i've played many many mmos, and this is the most promising since swg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:31 am 

I'll probs reroll Orc tonight. I guess there's no way to get all my items and gold off of my alfar onto the orc?

Ying - 40/5x Shaman [WAR]
Bionotics ColdBlood - Ork [Darkfall]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm 
Boss Member

there is ying .... send /msg byronara coldblood i will tell u where we meet to trade me all ur stuff . i am afking swi now will be online in 2hrs ..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:33 pm 

I'll be online about 5.30-6.00pm GMT after I have finished work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 pm 

rerolled as Bionotics ColdBlood (wouldn't let me use Linderoth after deleting him :().

Thoroughly enjoying the game again and I haven't left the goblin area yet. Killed some dipshit human with like 5-6 other Orks. The human was quite the beast though, gave some phat loots. :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
Boss Member

loving the game, its def not darkfail as some have said, so much to do and always at risk even from friendly players or clans that have declared war with you (no safe zones), pvp and mounted pvp is intense and requires alot of getting used to and skill, pvp takes alot of coordination because of friendly fire. Everything you do even crafting and gathering builds up different base stats like strength, vit, int etc which helps you in pvp but the main thing you need is skill with the weapons, eg: hitting a player (alfar race) that is half your height and is running in circles around you is pretty hard, you need to aim down and time your swings and always keep your back from him and then also trying to parry another player hitting you with arrows, then if it all goes wrong you need to run, which means spawning your mount and jumping on before they jump on and ninja it :p

Currently I am using polearm as main attack with magic for ranged attacks and self healing, and a bow(if i have arrows). With a melee weapon u only start off with a basic attack, which you can switch to either hit directly infront or cleave(aoe). But as you lvl this skill you will be able to buy skills like knockback, a forward thrust or a move that is supposed to pull a player closer.

I'm crafting mainly as a bowyer and mainly farming resources/looting by gathering or looting other gatherers and crafting arrows/bows for self and the guild.

I'm having alot of fun in this game, its highly addictive - I love it and I hate it at the same time which is good, I love it cuz theres so much to do, but hate it because its hard and requires skill but that makes me play it more.

The only downside has been the 2 hour queues in the first couple weeks of me playing, but this has been fixed :)

I definately recommend more boss guys come and try it for a month once they allow more players on the server. Right now we need more active players because even though you can play solo its more fun/safe to fight in groups. Even though its probably easier to win with more players, without skill you cant always win, because theres no raid assist, no targetting, friendly fire - so pvp takes alot of coordination.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3