It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your top 3 concerns with AoC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 am 
Boss Member

Anemfah wrote:
8- I have to wait like 15 minutes to launch the game, because of this scaning shit, or updating patch that are not there. And when you crash, and that you are in a group, you will just have lost your group because they won't be waiting you for 15 minutes to relog. Also, this stupid scaning makes me lazy to go play (if it was launching instantly like wow, I would maybe be online more oftenly).

I get and option asking me if i want to scan, and I always click no. Try running conanpatcher.exe, see if that bring the option.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 am 

Kiwoo wrote:
Tranca wrote:
I had no idea about the stackable uber gems. Both Bond and Kw have very valid concerns here regarding pvp. Does this mean that certain classes in a 1v1 situation could theoretically be unkillable ?

50% plus evade with gems and base +50% from dodge back=100% evade. unhittable.

13 slots for gear. 3 gems each, 39 slots. x1,4% evade/magic invuln/melee invuln. 54,6%. Thats not including base or talent increases on invulns, evade.

I would normally tell you to stop taking the piss, or go have your head examined. Nobody in their right mind would allow such glaringly obvious unbalanced items to enter a game at the base level. But this is AoC we are talking about.

I have never been a proponent of the nerf-bat. But something needs to be done here. Someone in a full suit of heavy armour (or any type for that matter) having the reaction and evade capability of a housefly is quite frankly preposterous.

I had a look at some of Cantra's videos, and well, which father wouldn't
be proud when his daughter shows behavioural patterns that resemble the
ones of a serial killer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 am 

I agree with many of the points raised here. I started a new char to curb the boredom for the time being, Tortage is really good, it just doesn't expand beyond that initial experience of 1-20. End game PvE is also very dull, its early days but the dungeons are so lackluster in design and interest, boss fights are boring, and where there are mobs its just the same rinse repeat for each pack. This in itself is really frustrating, they have a great chance to make things graphically engaging, but instead they just make a big cave.

PvP wise, I really enjoyed our BK stuff, bugs aside I think once its sorted we can have a lot of fun with it, it does seem pretty interesting. Although after a few times it might get dull again. I would like to see the PvP system implemented as was promised but I ain't holding my breath for it anytime soon.

Also the fact that they outlined their concentration on lower level content is very frustrating, many people are hitting the end game, and with only one 70-80 zone available its really boring, not to mention incredibly difficult to level and quest properly due to mass ganking and a complete lack of solo questing content available to you.

I think its 6 months too early, they have a good basis for a game, but many fundementals are just too poor in my eyes, having to wait a month for basic stats to work properly is stupid. The crafting system needs completely reworking, it just doesn't work properly now, as you mentioned with being able to stack gems. How these kind of things have been overlooked is beyond me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am 

Tranca wrote:
Kiwoo wrote:
Tranca wrote:
I had no idea about the stackable uber gems. Both Bond and Kw have very valid concerns here regarding pvp. Does this mean that certain classes in a 1v1 situation could theoretically be unkillable ?

50% plus evade with gems and base +50% from dodge back=100% evade. unhittable.

13 slots for gear. 3 gems each, 39 slots. x1,4% evade/magic invuln/melee invuln. 54,6%. Thats not including base or talent increases on invulns, evade.

I would normally tell you to stop taking the piss, or go have your head examined. Nobody in their right mind would allow such glaringly obvious unbalanced items to enter a game at the base level. But this is AoC we are talking about.

I have never been a proponent of the nerf-bat. But something needs to be done here. Someone in a full suit of heavy armour (or any type for that matter) having the reaction and evade capability of a housefly is quite frankly preposterous.

Yeah, as an assassin we see no advantage to be wearing the cloth armour, which makes no sense, we can't run faster, no higher base evade. Also the whole caster/melee combat dynamics are screwed. I am gonna give it some time anyway, although if there is not some big improvements I think I will put it on the back burner for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:43 am 
Boss Member

just wait a few months, i think the game will look very much different... and if it doesn't, then we will move on to the next mmo ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 am 

I agree with Amrix.I thinkwe must give a little time because it is still the beginning for AoC.If they do some good upgrades it will be better.Otherwise I will follow Boss to the next MMo.
My 3 concerns are:
1.Too many bugs.
2.They need to make a better environment for inventory,health bars etc.
3.It needs some history based at Conan because with no history to be based it becomes a little boring.Someone also write that one before and a good story I believe can keep you playing more happily a game.
That is all from me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:19 am 
Boss Member

Anemfah wrote:
2- The PvP is pure shit, i sometimes wana charge one guy, and it goes to another one because it has targeted someone else in last second (don't ask why..).

sounds like you have 'target facing on' check you options

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:24 pm 

Amrix wrote:
just wait a few months, i think the game will look very much different... and if it doesn't, then we will move on to the next mmo ;)

Well my 3 concerns are getting fixed. Since last patch has been a lot more stable, a couple of 4k pings, but nothing game breaking like the 10k spikes followed by everyone getting kicked from the server.

Gems get fixed too next patch.

Also PvP xp is on test. 10.000 xp to level 2 O.o
PvP gear will probably be very similar to epic gear, without the stats that are useless for PvP. defence, attack rating, hate mods, and taunt. (Well can hope cant I:P)

Next thing they need to do is nerf gem stacking, which would make a huge overall balancing issue over all classes. Then they can adjust skills as needed.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2