It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: AoC - update
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm 
Boss Member

Tabitha wrote:
Im mostly playing in white sand.. :p! so bored of lvl 80 pvp.. but search for a name like: Leifcola, magstoorn, lightstoorn, tabitha or oose :)! the pop is oki:)!

if you enjoy whitesand, then df is the game for you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:36 pm 

nosferatou wrote:
U r playing tranca+Tabitha cause i cant find u the last 2 days in game.A friend is playing there.I want to ask about the population atm.

My 80's are called: Tranca: Dimai: Fionara: Amex: Cantra: Aureanne:
My lowbies are: Fachanan: Druisealachd:

Btw Tab, check this from the Devs regarding guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enex (developer)
Just a few quick words about guards. Like Didek mentioned, they are far from optimal at the moment, but they do serve a purpose. I'm not going into guard placement, but let's look at the current situation in general. (Issues that even placement cannot solve)

DISCLAIMER : This is mainly a collection of random thoughts, and not necessarily good solutions.

What can be done is to make the guards read an "aggressor flag". Initiating a fight with a player will flag you as an aggressor regardless of level. Guards will then pick the aggressor instead of whoever attacked last when the guards spotted the fight. (A bit more complex when you add murder status in the equation) This will at least stop some of the guard hugging we see today. The "aggressor flag" should also last longer than the current 10 second "in combat timer".

This will also solve the issue were lowbies use the timer to their advantage by running away to reset it. Attacking them after this point will give you criminal status (and murder points if you kill). The murder points you gain are probably less annoying that then criminal buff depending on the situation.

There are also a few very rare cases were guards can attack innocents (that I won't describe any further, but this is not something you can control). This will be solved in the near future.

Another issue is the guards inability to properly process multiple actions in some cases (most of them are men after all!). By letting them continiously evaluate the situation while in combat we can also remove a few grief situations. This might require all guards to go ranged, and preferably always standing on the same spot. (They won't care about LoS though once taunted)

Some additional thoughts :

Looking at the current attack range, it might not be wide enough. Pre 60 you can attack -5 your own level. Example : Running around in FotD getting attacked by -6 players (Ranger or Barb? :-)) is not to your advantage if you want to avoid getting temp criminal status or murder points. (Also refering to the short in combat timer here) It's also "fun" to propegate that effect to your group members.

Issues with splash damage needs to be solved. (The core issue imho)

Crowd control is very powerful in this game. Should a level 40 manage to stun a level 60+ riding on his horse through Tarantia Noble District and slit your throat together with a few other friends? We all love getting staggered off our horse as well. Should we have some kind of scaling immunity based on level difference?

I had a look at some of Cantra's videos, and well, which father wouldn't
be proud when his daughter shows behavioural patterns that resemble the
ones of a serial killer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm 

someone wanna buy my account?:P!

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7