It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: UK guys.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 am 

Hey boss members :D

Just wondering where people have pre ordered the game from. I'm just about to pre order to get the head start access and i have noticed that Game are selling the pre order for £25 on their site but on the Rift site its £35. Just wondering if this is legit and will give me head start access or maybe i'm just being stupid?

Post subject: Re: UK guys.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 am 

my worry is that if you buy from game you dont get the box untill official launch day and therefore miss out on the headstart...

•Head Start Access: Play the game before it hits store shelves.

...that one line is missing off every boxed version of the game i have found online.

although i did find this glimmer of light on a forum...

I asked Trion directly about the head start event, and they said Amazon should be emailing anyone that pre-orders a physical copy of the game a code to put in that will get you into all the rest of the beta events and the head start. I emailed them a copy of my pre order and they went ahead and flagged my account for the beta anyway, but said we have to wait until amazon emails us the code to be flagged for the head start. Hope amazon doesnt drop the ball on this as I was previously gonna pre order the digital CE but I really want all the extras in the physical box. Heres to hoping anyway.

....so the options are get the Digital version from Trion and know your getting the Headstart or order from Game pay £10 less for the standard edition and take a chance.

Id prefer the boxed CE of the game over the download given they are the same price.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 am 
Boss Member

i already asked TRION about this ..
u can pre order from Game.co.uk and once u did send an email to TRION with the transaction code (or how its called u noobs ) or some evidence that u bough the game and TRION will flag ur account to the next betas - head start - etc ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:05 am 
Boss Member

I bought it directly from the Trion website.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 am 
Boss Member

Hi guys
I ordered my copy from Game.uk a week ago and emailed trion to say i never got a pre order key.
They replied within a day and activated my account with a full beta and early access.
They did state that however that Game UK should provide pre order key and whoa and behold mine came today. I think the hard copy is a better path on this one tbh looking at the savings.
Also check this link about pre-orders http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/ans ... TWZFa2s%3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 pm 
Boss Member

Game uk here 40 quid for colecters and u get a Steel mat 8gig usb stick and other random shit and the usual ingame items :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm 

Hman wrote:
Hi guys
I ordered my copy from Game.uk a week ago and emailed trion to say i never got a pre order key.
They replied within a day and activated my account with a full beta and early access.
They did state that however that Game UK should provide pre order key and whoa and behold mine came today. I think the hard copy is a better path on this one tbh looking at the savings.
Also check this link about pre-orders http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/ans ... TWZFa2s%3D

Sweet! As long as i get the head start :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:31 pm 
Boss Member

I paid 40 quid for CE off the collectors site. o/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm 
Boss Member

Bought it through steam however im not yet verified for beta 6 or headstart :> they slackingz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 pm 

woo hoo !!!

Dear Customer Thank you for preordering RIFT from GAME.co.uk!

Your BETA Code is: 1BUY-YOUR-OWN-GAME

To participate in the BETA please follow these instructions:
1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your code.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining BETAevents and Head Start.
Beta Instructions
A few days before each BETA event, you will receive an email from Trion Worlds inviting you into the BETA. This email will provide step-by-step instructions about how to download the client. Make sure to add @trionworlds.com to your Safe Senders list!
Head Start
You will be able to log in and play RIFT before anyone else during the Head Start! You will be emailed your instructions for downloading the full game client a few daysbefore Head Start begins (currently scheduled for 24th February 2011).
If you have any questions about RIFT or your Trion Worlds account, here are somelinks for you:
Customer Service: http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/
Community Forums: http://forums.RIFTgame.com
Thank you again for preordering RIFT from GAME.co.uk.
The TeamGAME.co.uk

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next