It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RIFT - Applying for membership
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:33 pm 
Boss Member

Character information
Name / Level / Career / Race:
Not known yet, on beta its Herzog/drone/ will see when early access starts ;) Think ill play a mage, atm I find chloro/lock, or just lock most fun. Dominator when I get enough soulpoints to try it fully.
Career Trees:
Chloro/Lock/Dominator - can change everyday.
Professions:
Unknown
Playstyle:
Like support roles, or a dps with much utility.

Personal information
Nationality:
Norwegian
Age / Gender:
21 / Male
Previous MMOs Experience:
WoW, AoC, WAR.

Played AoC and WAR from their beta phases, but they didnt stick. Been back and forth between them thou, after every "fix" they got and lured me with free playtime. Wow is the game i have played the most, with focus being on pvp. Priest/druid have been my favorites, as there was often a lack of good healers in pvp. Pvp achievments must have been high rated 3s arenas in wow, but havent played it for a while.

Availability
Days / Times:
I'll make time.
Grind Endurance:
If I got nothing else to do it might be good.
Ability and willpower to read up on forums:
An active forum will make me active to!
Voice Comms with microphone is mandatory, is this a problem for you ? :
Not at all, used to it.

Expectations
What are your expectations from Rift?
A fun pvp system, decent endgame.
What do you want to achieve in this game ?
Pvp with good players, pvp at top lvl, have fun.

Boss
Why Boss?
PvP. Simple as that, always been my thing in mmo's. And its even more fun when you got good pvp'ers around you to learn from and play with. Winning coordinated matches with a premade group, against another, nothing beats it.
Who can vouch for you in Boss?
None I think, as I just found you via google, and after reading about you i wanted to show my interest.
Last guilds name (and reason for leaving)?
No guild yet, only played last part of beta.

Rate yourself from 1-10 (10 being the best, 5 being average, 1 being little experience)
Teamplay (9)
PVP Skill (5)
PVP Experience (5)
Survivability (9)
Ability to follow instructions (10)

As I have tried Rift for only 4 days, and not in an organized way, im not sure how my skill and experience would be, guess average compared to others. But atleast I got teamplay and survivabilty from other games. Following instructions is crucial, as long as I play with a competent leader that I trust.

Feel there could be added much more but dont want to hit you with a wall of unnecessary text, so please ask if there is anything i have missed or more you want to know.

Regards,
Andrew

Post subject: Re: RIFT - Applying for membership
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:03 pm 
Boss Member

Sounds good, maybe go into more detail a bit on your pvp exp. in WoW.

What pvp rank were you in wow?
What were your characters name?
You were in a guild worth mentioning?
What server did you play on (pvp? pve?)?

"Rouges are overpowdered."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 pm 
Boss Member

Well, I started playing wow at the end of vanilla, so I didnt get higher than blood guard before tbc, as far as I can remember. During tbc I was around 2k rating during arena season 1 and 2, reached over 2,5k season 3, as disc priest. During WotLK I played alot in the start, resto druid, quit after a few months because my laptop got destroyed and that took some months to fix.

This was when i had my wow-break, going back and forth between WAR, and different beta games, trying to find something that would be fun. Played alot of "arena-style" games like Heroes of Newerth, and Leagues of Legends. Not 100% sure about the names now, but was something like that. Mostly playing with friends over skype so we could have a high lvl of teamplay.

Went back to WoW some months before cataclysm launch, and have played until recently. Got 3 characters to 85, my main fully pvp geared, but felt arenas where the same as before, and not really fun as it used to be back in tbc. I didnt mention my arena experiences in the post above because arena's in wow favors the team-setup, and facerolling. Dont say much about skill imo.

Character names (85): Drone, Igothorns, Cero, Bwains, got too many..
Been mostly in 2 guilds, during vanilla wow I played in a good pvp guild called FTW, got my best experiences with them, disbanded long time ago.
Highest ranking guild must be Shadows of Doom (SoD), KulTiras, where I only joined as casual because they are endgame PvE'ers and I had my focus on PvP. And because i had RL friends in there. After cata they have been server first, second and third in rankings.

Ive always played on PvP servers, except with SoD, which was on a PvE realm. I like the open pvp possibilities the best. Fun to roam around with friends.

So I guess I dont got the biggest achievements regarding PvP, but I want to get back on the top, see if that is possible, so thats why I applied here, looked like a serious guild with ambitions close to mine. Also one of my RL-friends have joined you, Hercules/Ditlefsen or something ; ) hehe. Good player I've played many games with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 am 
Boss Member

Hey Anders :)

This guy is some serious shit ! If you all like the way I play the way I speak and communicate on vent, the way I help out and contribute to the guild.. You guys would love this playres aswell. He is my real life friend and I know hes skills, the guild and the arena he mentions above is some of them, the other hand, he nows how to gear upp.. he is maybe 1 of the only healers I seen in warhammer that completely where thinking about survivability and where choosing sockets that gives armor " whats the name agian.. " and toughness. And yes I talk about level 10 - 39. What we did at level 40 is another story.
Lovely to play with a guy that have this understanding!!
Thumbs upp and good luck for you Anders!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm 
Boss Member

recruitment is now closed!!! but since hercules can vouch for you and he is a cool cat, then welcome to boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 pm 
Boss Member

Wonderful! I like good news : D

I guess you are mostly on aplha shards/clients, but is there a guild on a beta shard/client I could join for the last two beta phases?

Thanks for the trial, and I'm looking forward to launch!

Cya ingame,
~Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:20 pm 
Boss Member

Anders wrote:
Wonderful! I like good news : D

I guess you are mostly on aplha shards/clients, but is there a guild on a beta shard/client I could join for the last two beta phases?

Thanks for the trial, and I'm looking forward to launch!

Cya ingame,
~Andrew

we are on Cloudborn for the beta - see you there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:25 pm 
Boss Member

Davo wrote:

Faction?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:48 pm 
Boss Member

Anders wrote:
Davo wrote:

Faction?

Ze Guardianz

Welcome :-)

"Rouges are overpowdered."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:40 pm 
Boss Member

Great! thanks : D

cya next beta event!

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]