It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RIFT application - MAGE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 am 

I read its closed, but I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse! ;)

Career Trees:

Mage, planing on going 6 dominator / 39 warlock / 21 archmage (seems like a solid specc, but i have yet to test it). Alltho i'm willing to play any specc required (maybe not healer.. it's not really my thing).

Professions:

No idea yet.

Playstyle:

Single target assist nuker (or main assist) will also fit very well in kiting groups as i have a defensive playstyle by nature.

Nationality: Norwegian
Age / Gender: 22, Male
Previous MMOs Experience:

Dark age of Camelot, on and off 2002-2010, Played with Moon Tribe on midgard excalibur my spiritmasters name was Eorind (Faril & co for those of you who knows the daoc community) Later i rerolled on US servers where i mostly soloed my savage named Bajjas, i released 2 solo savage movies (the first one were the most horrible quality ever) the 2nd one was OK, ill link it if you wish.

World of warcraft, on and off 2005-2011 In vanilla i played on Boulderfist alliance side with a WSG premade called Off Limits, i played there to hit my mage rank 12. I also played on Darksorrow pvp server in TBC where i reached 2k+ rating in 3v3 in season 2 (i played a resto druid named Adoo.. which unfortunately got banned because of cursing in region chat repetedly) I rerolled in season 3 to a holy paladin to play 2v2 with a warlock friend which i got to 1900 rating with (due to holy paladins beeing broken in 2v2 at the time) i never got a good 3v3 with my paladin which is a shame.. Because i was quite awesome on that thing!
Later on i've been very casual and not so serious so i havnt had any decent "achievements" if you'd like in a while in WoW.

Warhammer online, only a couple of months (got tired of waiting for stupid bugs to be fixed) I reached rank 40 and rr40 or so on my White Lion named Hiphop on karak - something.. i can't quite recall the server name.

Aion, only 1 month... (disliked the game) Nothing much to say about this. i didnt even reach the level cap.

Availability
Days / Times:

18.00 - 24.00 CET (usually i get on earlier aswell) 5-6 days a week.

Grind Endurance:

Depends on how important the grind is.
If the grind is going to benefit me/my team greatly in PvP im there and im willing to do the grind.
If the grind is going to be for achievements or stupid things that doesnt really impact the gameplay in any way I'm probably not going to endure it.

Ability and willpower to read up on forums:

No problem what so ever, i enjoy reading forums.

Voice Comms with microphone is mandatory, is this a problem for you ?

No problem officer!

Expectations
What are your expectations from Rift?

I hope it will bring alot of good Orvr to the table in the future.

What do you want to achieve in this game ?

I simply want to achieve fun, and the only way to have fun is to be the best and destroy everyone else.

Boss
Why Boss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIklFsMjjU

Because of this.

On a more serious note, i've never really liked it in big guilds.. I like to get to know the people i play with on a personal level and i aim to become the best at everything i do. BOSS seems to have the same mindset as me when it comes to this, and thats why i chose to apply.

Who can vouch for you in Boss?

Noone, as far as i know.. You'll just have to trust me on this one!

Last guilds name (and reason for leaving)?

Some casual random guild in WoW, i honestly don't remember the name.

Teamplay (1-10):

I'm gonna be honest and say that im not really the best teamplayer in the world so i'd give myself 6.5.

PVP Skill (1-10):

I dont really know what to base this on. I've been on 2k+ rating in 3v3 WoW arena. I've rolled with some really good daoc 8mans so ill give myself 7.5-8

PVP Experience (1-10):

As pvp was the only thing i really cared about in MMO's i've done quite a bit of it so i will say

Survivability (1-10):

As this is as much related to teamplay as personal skill id have to say 7.

Ability to follow instructions (1-10):

I'm a firm believer of discussing ingame moments and tactics is the best way to tackle a problem, if the instructions given feels right for me i will follow them very well. If i have a problem with orders recieved i will follow them there and then but speak up later and try to come with ideas to generate a constructive enviroment where we are able to work the situation/problem out together.

So i'll still say 10.

All in all i believe im a fairly good pvp'er in general, but i rated myself a bit over average because no matter how good you are, there is always someone that is better than you.
However, my skill when we start really doesn't matter.. how my skill develops must be what you're really interested in.. and I'm a quick learner!

Edited for additional infos, trying to correct typos and rephrasing so it's easier to read.

Peace.

Post subject: Re: RIFT application - MAGE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 am 
Boss Member

I always like Daoc ppl .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am 
Boss Member

Crunk wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm 
Boss Member

sorry recruitment is closed

only 1 way to get into Boss, and that's for a Boss member to vouch for you... (loving our vid just ain't enough - sorry)
if you are still interested, we will possibly reopen recruitment 3-4 weeks after launch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:37 pm 

No worries, ill be hunting somewhere else then. Im not really too excited about waiting 3-4 weeks after launch when most guilds already are established to possibly get a spot.

I wish you the best of luck!

Peace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:44 pm 
Boss Member

Crunk wrote:
No worries, ill be hunting somewhere else then. Im not really too excited about waiting 3-4 weeks after launch when most guilds already are established to possibly get a spot.

Peace

i know it's a bit crap, but we prefer to keep the guild small and tight, if you are on beta, then you are welcome to pug with us, then maybe someone will vouch for you...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 pm 

Amrix wrote:
Crunk wrote:

Peace

i know it's a bit crap, but we prefer to keep the guild small and tight, if you are on beta, then you are welcome to pug with us, then maybe someone will vouch for you...

Hehe, no hard feelings :p i fully understood the meaning of "closed" before i wrote in, but i figured i'd give it a try anyways. I have beta (only got to play 4 hours of the last one tho due to my key arriving kinda late).
Which server are you at?

Last edited by Crunk on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 pm 
Boss Member

Crunk wrote:
Amrix wrote:
Crunk wrote:

Peace

Hehe, no hard feelings :p i fully understood the meaning of "closed" before i wrote in, but i figured i'd give it a try anyways. I have beta (only got to play 4 hours of the last one tho due to my key arriving kinda late).
Which server are you at?

guardian / cloudbourne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 pm 

Would you guys do me a favour and delete my app?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm 
Boss Member

Grind endurance = fail

Same day as applying, applicant is asked to group with us, in order to establish play style skills etc. Then asks to remove their app ?

Makes me thinks maybe he used the scatter gun, applied to numerous guilds, and someone else not so selective.

Shame really I was looking forward to talking about "the angry elves" on DAoC

GG

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next