It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ranger lvl 80 / Hox in progress.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:40 am 

Name: Empire
Level: 80
Class:Ranger
Race: Cimmerian
Profession(s): nothing yet.
Playing style: Pvp/pve.
PvP experience: lotro 1 champion rank 6 and a burglar rank 7 had 5 stars at his best^^
PvE experience: Did all the raids in lotro only 1 boss left, thorg:P
Alts: Hox Legendkiller lvl 44 atm. I think i'll use him as my main when i get him to lvl 80.
The reason i stared a hox its becaus wanted to try out some of the classes just to learn a littel more
about them, but i enjoyed the hox so much that i just want to keep playing it^^

Personal information
Nationality: Norway
Previous MMO Experience: Only lotro and tryed wow for a bit but it was not so fun when my other friends was raiding in the black tempel and i was still running around in goldshire=P

Availability
Days/times: I can play when every i want:P hehe dont know after the summer is over but still think i can play all week.
Grind Endurance (in terms of gold/Resource grinding) (1-5, 1=lowest, 5= highest): just tell me what the guild needs and i do my best to get it even if it takes me all night=)
Ability and willpower to read up on forum once a day (yes/no):yes of course.
Ventrilo is mandatory whenever you play, is this a problem for you?: no its no a problem.

Expectations
What are your expectations from AoC: Having fun and doing some sexy pvp^^ but im also up for some pve raiding. Have been looking forward to see how the seige battles are.

Boss
Why Boss? one of the first players i met when i got of the boat form tortage was harleyg and i did recognize the name from my old lotro server^^ he was already lvl 80 and was in the guild boss, then i knew it was a good guild as he was one of the most hardcore pvpers on eldar^^ I have read on the forums that you guys are doing great progress in PvE and PvP, and that what its all about.
Who can vouch for you in Boss? dont think anyone can..
Last guilds name and reason for leaving? im not in a guild . have only been in some small guilds with friends.

I really hope i can join you as you seem very commited to the things you do and say. And i promise i'll do my best to help out the guild, in any way!

Post subject: Re: Ranger lvl 80 / Hox in progress.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm 

Hi, can I see your template (with descriptions) and what's your gameplay in group PvP ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:54 pm 

My main target is the healers and then the rangers in the other groupe if they are distant from the main fight. I have'nt tryed that much PvP in groupe, but i use the knockback volly as a start and then tryed to fire of a power full combo as the flame barrage after that.
In a bigger PvP groupe with more rangers, they can nuke on the same target and take down one after one ^^
But i think the HoX will be more useful in grupe PvPing as i do awesome aoe damages, pluss that it do great damage at one target.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 pm 

Can you link your build ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:24 pm 

http://feats.goonheim.com/ranger#abdfgm ... lm1nopqtuw
Here are the feats for my ranger anyone got some tips to make them better, plz tell me ^^

The Hox atm.
http://feats.goonheim.com/heraldofxotli#a:a:abc1efhimop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:13 am 

Where is your blood pit? :o

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:17 am 

Got that one now :oops: :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:32 pm 

Please don't take this as "OMG you suck!" this is just my personal opinion. :)

Your spec seems Ok. Personally i would change quite a few things with it.

Knee-Capping. In my eyes, it's just not needed. In group PvP, there's X amount of classes who can root and snare, basically making the ability useless because the enemy will most likely already be immune from other players, or your own leghold trap, which lasts 10 seconds, and not 3.

improved Immolation combo, that causes nothing but trouble. Raiding mobs, you fear an add cause a healer got aggro and it fears off into a pack of 3 mobs who get burned... raid wipes, no fun. It doesn't do enough damage to warrant the 3 feat points in my opinion.

Personally, i think Fire Stance is crappy. It didn't work a lot for me, and the extra damage was very low and didn't seem worthwhile.

Lastly i'll link my own personal spec, so you can see the difference between our builds.

http://www.conanarmory.com/feat.aspx?id ... e4fe2f4ef4

Like you said in your App about opening with Volley and Flame Barrage, do that with Critical Aim mid-way through the combo and you're laughing.

Overall, nice app. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:32 pm 

GL with your app. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:49 pm 

Thank for the great tips Diction^^
I think you have some good points about your spec and im goin to try it out
later tonight=)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next